9

𓃗

After one of the children ran into Ophelia and spilled their drink all over her beautiful dress, she went to go change.

She had yet to realise Francis filled her into the castle.

He lightly cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Francis" the blue eyed girl greeted with a smile.

God, she knew how to take his breath away.

A smile subconsciously came to his face when she said his name.

"Are you alright I seen you walking off in a rush?" he questioned in concern.

"Ah, yes. One of the children ran into me and spilled a drink all over my dress." she told him with a slight laugh.

Ophelia was very different to the other ladies at Court. Anyone would yell at the child and tell them off, but Ophelia just laughed about it.

"Well, how about I accompany you to your room?" the future king suggested, hoping she would accept.

Ophelia knew she should say no. But she couldn't refuse his charming smile. So she nodded her head.

𓃗

"Are you alright Ophelia?" it had been some time since they entered Ophelias room. She had yet to walk out from behind the divider.

"Uh...I-I cant get this to tie." the Gold girl told Francis with an embarrassed blush covering her face.

The next thing she knew Francis knocked on the divider.

"I could do it if you'd like. Or I could find one of the ladies?"

"Do you mind doing it?" Ophelia asked not knowing if he was just saying it to be nice. She also knew the other ladies were having a good time so she didn't want to drag them away from that.

Francis walked in and suddenly it was like he didn't know how to breathe. Her blue/green coloured dress contrasted amazing with her dark hair.

Without say a word he walked over behind her and started tying up her dress.

His fingers lightly brushed against her bare skin making goosebumps rise. She could feel his breath against the back of her neck.

"You look beautiful"

Ophelia smiled at him through the mirror that allowed them to look at one another.

"I know"

The blonde chuckled at her reply. He could feel his heart racing as a thought crossed his mind. He wanted to kiss her.

Never in his life had he wanted to kiss someone so badly in his life. Ever since he first met Ophelia he could feel a pull towards her. Call it fate or whatever but Francis felt that they were meant to meet.

The future king knew he shouldn't do it but it was like he had no control over his movements. Once Ophelia turned to face him he placed his hands on the side of her face and swiped his thumb over her cheek.

"Francis..." Ophelia warned in a whisper. She wanted this just as badly as him. But Mary crossed her mind. She knew Mary loved Francis and wanted to marry him, but the dark haired girl knew Francis didn't return her affection. Yet.

Francis ignored her whisper and leaned in towards her lips, but not touching them. He wanted to know she wanted this as much as he did.

To his surprise Ophelia leaned forward and placed her lips on his.

This kiss was nothing like either of them had experienced. It was meaningful and passionate.

And Ophelia hated that she enjoyed the kiss as much as she did.

𓃗

"You're English, Lord Westbrook, but you say that you did not come with the warship? You reside in France?" Mary's voice was the first thing Ophelia heard when she stepped into the throne room.

Guilt came crashing down on her like a ton of bricks.

"I have a home in Paris." this time is was a males voice, "But I often stay at Court. Call me Simon please. So we can be friendly and frank with one another. Not like the French who simply say what you want to hear. How is your engagement going?" the man now known as Simon Westbrook asked the Scottish Queen.

"Quite well.We're very happy" that was a lie. Mary and Francis had been arguing all of the time. And if Mary was being honest she didn't entirely want to marry the Dauphin anymore.

As Ophelia walked towards the pair Simon continued antagonising Mary. "Then why haven't you set a date? Charles and Madeleine are only 7, but they'll be wed on her 14th birthday. France's commitment to Scotland is hollow. They're playing both sides. If you were threatened, would they really come to your defence?"

"I believe that is the very definition of an alliance. But, of course, you knew that" Mary told the English man.

When Ophelia reached the two of them it was revealed that Simon knew about the nun that was poisoned at the convent when the English tried to kill Mary.

But before Ophelia or Mary could say anything, Francis appeared out of nowhere.

"Darling, you're missing the game. Antoines had seven cups of wine. Every time he hiccups, we must take one ourselves" the blonde lied with a boyish smile on his face.

Finally, Francis acknowledges Simon. "Simon right? Back at Court?"

Simon nodded at the Dauphin, "And very pleased to be here"

Francis then hands Simon his chalice of wine and drags Mary with him, sending Ophelia a small smile.

𓃗

As Ophelia goes to walk back towards her room she sees Francis and Mary dancing together looking totally in love.

Even thought she kept a blank face, seeing Francis look at Mary like that felt like a knife to the chest.

The girl knew she doesn't have a right to feel upset. If anyone should be upset it should be Mary, if she was to ever find out about the kiss.

The Gold girl decided to take her mind off of Francis and Mary by preparing a ship for her little brother to join her.

𓃗