23

𓃗

"No, no, no" Ophelia muttered as she quickly walked over to her door.

"Ophelia?" Thomas called out confused on why his daughter who he hadn't seen in years was walking away from him.

"Your dead. He's dead." She said aloud as she picked up her pace looking for something or someone.

"Where are you going?" The man who was supposed to be dead asked.

That's when Ophelia finally turned around with tears streaming down her face, she pointed at Thomas.

"You are supposed to be dead! You have been for 9 years!" She shouted, choking back a sob.

Thomas' face softened.

"I'm sorry. Please let me explain." The dark haired man pleaded.

"No!" Ophelia denied as she turned on her heel.

"Still as stubborn as ever little one." Thomas muttered as he looked in the direction of his daughter.

"She doesn't know how to feel. She'll come around." Henry announced his presence as his son went looking for Ophelia.

"I know." Thomas said as he clapped his friend on the shoulder and followed the French king to the throne room.

𓃗

Enzo found Ophelia outside, she was sitting by a small lake close to the stables.

"I heard the news." He sighed as he sat down beside the dark haired girl.

"What? That my father who has been dead for 9 years suddenly came back to life?" Ophelia chuckled sarcastically.

Enzo said nothing he pulled the girl in for a hug.

"I cant pretend to know what it feels like. But I'm sorry you're hurting." Enzo whispered to the girl in his arms.

A fresh wave of tears began to fill Ophelia's blue eyes but she didn't let them spill.

"I just....I just needed a minute to breathe." She quietly replied back to the man.

"Take as long as you need darling I won't be going anywhere. Trust me." Enzo planted a kiss to the top of her hair.

"Thank you."

𓃗

"I should have known I could find you here." Thomas chuckled when he seen his daughter petting one of the horses in the stables.

Ophelia turned to look at the man. He looked older and more mature than when he 'died'. She could tell being away for so long had effected him greatly.

"You always took me out to see the horse before...." She trailed off towards the end not really knowing how to phrase it.

"Faked my own death." He filled in, guilt seeping into his words.

Ophelia only nodded and looked away.

There were so many things the two wanted to say but they couldn't get the words out.

"Why did you do it? Why did you leave me?" She said in a broken whisper. Ophelia felt like a little girl once again, asking the stars why her father left.

"I had no other choice. I needed to keep you, your brother and mother safe." Thomas insisted as he held back the tears that so desperately wanted to come out at his little girls broke down face.

"There were people looking for your mother. Some one had to pay a debt. You and Charlie were young, you needed your mother." He explained as he carefully took a step towards his daughter testing the waters.

"I needed my father! I needed you!" Ophelia argued as her tears spilled over her face.

Thomas was quick to wrap his daughter in his arms when she looked like she was going to collapse.

"I'm so sorry little one." The man whispered over and over as he soothingly rubbed her back.

𓃗

After Ophelia's justified breakdown her and her father had walked back to her room.

"I missed you." Ophelia confessed once she was at the door of her chambers.

"You have no idea how much I missed you. All of you." He added.

Ophelia smiled at her father, turning to hug him willingly for the first time in years.

Her grip was tight afraid that the second she let go he would disappear once again.

"I love you little one." Those had been the words he couldn't wait to say once again.

Thomas Gold was a family man anyone would tell you, being ripped away from his family hurt more than being stabbed with that God forsaken sword that 'killed' him.

"I love you too Dad."

𓃗

"Oh, Ophelia! How are you?" Catherine asked as she quickly wrapped the girl up in a motherly hug the next morning.

The queen had heard all about Thomas Golds return and she had given the man a right scolding for leaving behind his family.

It's safe to say he wouldn't cross Catherine de Medici.

"I'm much better, thank you Catherine." Ophelia said genuinely, she appreciated the woman who had been nothing but kind to her since the moment she arrived.

"Henry has invited you to dinner tonight. He said he wants to ask your father something. God only knows what that man is planning these days." The queen muttered the last part as she rolled her eyes at the thought of her husband.

"Of course. I will see you there?" The Gold girl asked with a smile.

"You shall my dear." Catherine confirmed with a smile and touched Ophelia's cheek.

As Catherine walked away Ophelia was left to her racing thoughts.

What should I wear? What does Henry want to talk to my father about with me there?

What she was going to hear tonight would be the thing she least expected.

One could only hope it would work out in the end but you never really know with men.

𓃗