53

𓃗

"Charlie Thomas Gold! You did not just drag me along so you could break up with the girl you were courting!" Ophelia was currently dragging the blonde boy along by his arm as she marched through the castle.

Charlie thought it was a good idea to drag along his sister to cut things off with Elizabeth because he believed it would 'soften the blow'.

"I am sorry, sister. I thought it was a good idea." Charlie muttered with a pout on his lips.

Ophelia scoffed as she finally stopped walking. "Do you forget that I am a Queen and I have a duty to fulfil?" The dark haired woman questioned.

Charlie said nothing as his eyes dropped to his shoes, finding them much more interesting than the conversation at hand.

"Are you aware of how much Elizabeth's mother hates me? And now she is going to hear how I was there when you broke up with her daughter?" Ophelia scolded.

Before either party could say anything else a door opened behind Ophelia to reveal a very disheveled Beth Gold and an equally disheveled Thomas behind her.

"What is going on?" Beth asked while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Nothing!" Charlie replied quickly.

"Why are you two so?- Oh my God!" Ophelia quickly stepped back from her parents as her whole body shivered in disgust.

Thomas and Beth both quickly dropped Ophelia's gaze and redirected their attention to their youngest child.

"I am leaving." The dark haired woman muttered, turning away quickly, trying to forget what she had seen.

𓃗

"My darling, I feel you have been avoiding me." Enzo announced as he finally found his wife in her beloved study.

"Well, you have been busy planning a celebration for your little sister, the one I didn't know existed, ring any bells?" Ophelia planted a smile on her face as she looked up from her writing.

Enzo sighed and hung his head low. "I am aware I should have told you of my sisters existence." He replied.

Ophelia only rolled her eyes and waved a dismissive hand before telling him to sit with her.

"Mary sent me a letter." The Queen began quietly "She is being pressured into remarrying, she has for my advice."

Enzo was quiet for a moment before nodding his head slowly, "Well, it is soon after my brothers death but we all know how these nobles are." He smiled sympathetically clearly knowing how it feels.

"You are doing so well, my love." Ophelia placed he left hand on his cheek, his facial hair scratching her smooth hand, "With all of this, being a King." She clarified.

"Well, I have you." He smiled cheekily causing Ophelia to laugh.

"That was-"

"Romantic?"

"Disgustedly sweet" Ophelia laughed.

Enzo quickly joined in with her laughter before placing his hand on her bump.

"I hope our child has your eyes." He said, "But of course have my brains." He smirked.

"God help them." Ophelia winked.

𓃗

"Anne, my brother is married, you two will not be together like you once were." Claude told her friend sympathetically.

Before the Scots ladies came to France, Enzo and Anne had been courting.

Anne was convinced Enzo was going to propose when he told her that he had news he wished to share with her. Although it wasn't what she expected when Enzo told her he was leaving France.

The naïve girl had been heartbroken for weeks after he left. That was when Claude suggested they leave too, she was sick and tired of her friend mopping around the castle over her idiotic brother.

"I know, Claude. But it doesn't mean he won't share the same feelings I have." Anne replied hopefully.

"He has a child on the way!?" Claude shook her head in disbelief.

"Francis had a child with a woman who wasn't his wife, so did your father, that does not matter! Enzo could still get a divorce!" The black haired girl argued with the French Princess.

"Do not speak of my brother nor my fathers infidelities." Claude snapped as she stood firmly before the older girl, "Enzo is a better husband than both of them, sure he had his flaws, but we have arrived a mere few hours ago and I can see how much he loves Ophelia." The Princess turned and walked ahead of Anne who was left speechless, something that didn't happen often.

"Screw Ophelia Gold. Enzo loved me and he will once again." The girl muttered to herself before stalking off in the direction Claude went.

People say love makes you crazy. Perhaps that was true.

𓃗

Authors Note
Thank you for all the lovely comments and messages that have motivated me to write.

A special thank you to Midnight892577 and teenwolf054 this chapter is for you <3

Have a wonderful day.

-K