6

𓃗

A knock sounded on Mary's chambers doors.

"Lady Ophelia, Lady Kenna Lady Aylee and Greer of Kinross, Your Grace."

Mary turned away from Lola who was still sleeping in her bed.

"Thank you Sarah" she thanked the servant kindly.

Ophelia was the first to spot Lola's sleeping form. She did feel slightly guilty for what she had said to the other ladies, but when she went to apologise they all told her she was right.

Kenna was the first to open her mouth. "You slept there while Lola slept in your bed?" she questioned.

"We we're talking about what happened to Colin. She fell asleep crying. I feel for her....and for Colin" the young queen said in a hushed tone so she didn't wake the heartbroken lady.

"Maybe we should step outside and continue this conversation at breakfast" Ophelia suggested. Truth be told she was starving, but she also wanted to know about what happened to Colin.

𓃗

As the girls walked to the dining hall Mary continued explaining what happened with the Scottish boy.

"The French King and Queen said Colin's attack on me was an English plot, but Colin told Lola it was someone here, highly placed at French Court." as Mary said that the Gold girl suddenly felt very unsafe. "All I know is, it had to be someone opposed to Scotland's alliance with France. My engagement to Francis." Mary said as she got quieter towards the end of her sentence.

Once all of the ladies sat down at a table as Mary continued on, "England wants my country and my crown. I need this alliance with France to protect Scotland from the English and I need time before there's any chance of Francis marrying me. I won't have time if I don't figure out who's against me" Mary finished with a huff.

𓃗

Most of French Court were gathered in the throne room preparing for Prince Charles future wife to be decided. People came from all over looking for an alliance with France.

"Let's agree, it's a brilliant match. Madeleine's French, so there's no question of her family's loyalty.....they are also very wealthy" Queen Catherine muttered the last part.

King Henry disagreed "But not Royal, so they're hungry for power."

"They'll pay for it"

Suddenly King Henry wasn't as concerned. "It's only right to accept the support of one's loyal subjects"

After King Henry said that the queen turned to her youngest son.

"And she has a giraffe." those words brought a smile to the young boys face.

"Well Madeleines widely traveled. She comes from far away... by ship" The blonde queen continued to put her son to ease.

"Do I get a giraffe too?" Prince Charles questioned innocently.

Prince Charles reminded Ophelia of her little brother. Not only were their names similar but the way they were so innocent when questioning things.

Queen Catherine smilies at his question. "The moment shes your bride."

𓃗

"Francis, to show our respect, I want you to accompany your little brother to the landing" the French King told his second eldest son.

"Can Bash come as well?" the little prince requested.

Ophelia turned away from her quiet conversation with one of the men in French Court to see the queens annoyed expression.

"Charlie....you know that Bash isn't really your brother. He's just your father's son" Ophelia thought that was rather cruel considering Bash was his half brother, but then again he was the result of her husbands affair she had the right to not like him.

"His presence is disrespectful" the royal woman continued on.

That's when King Henry cut in. "The girl's parents were enjoying Morocco, so they sent her alone."

"Perhaps I could go with Francis? I came here too when I was a child. Perhaps I could reassure her." Mary told them. "I could even bring Ophelia she is a very comforting person" the Scot included at the end of her sentence.

Ophelias head snapped up when Mary said her name. The brunette turned to look at the Gold girl with a hopeful smile.

That was the first time King Henry noticed the young lady. He recognised her eyes, they reminded him of someone he knew.

Clearing his throat he brought himself from his thoughts, "The journey is several hours" he told her.

"Then we'll take food and treats. I don't mind, really" It seemed as though Mary had an answer to everything.

The blonde queen seemed to panic for a split second. "On second thought, why don't we greet the girl here? We don't know....The journey might not be safe."

King Henry turned to his wife, "They'll stay on Kings road. A dozen well armed guards will keep the bandits away."

With that matter settled, King Henry got up off of this throne and turned to the guards.

"Prepare a carriage for Mary, Queen of Scots and her Lady" he demanded before leaving the throne room, taking one last glance at Ophelia.

Once he left Ophelia looked towards Mary who looked all too proud of herself. That's when she realised she just wanted to spend time with Francis.....Even if that meant dragging Ophelia along for a trip she didn't want.

𓃗