30

𓃗

Thomas walked Ophelia down the aisle towards Enzo and the priest.

Once they reached the two men, Enzo took her hand and admired her. She looked like an angel that he did not deserve.

The couple faced the priest as they knelt down before him, their hands still connected.

The ceremony went by like a blur until they got to the 'I do' part.

"Do you Enzo Henry Valois take Ophelia Starling Gold to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked looking towards the man in question.

"I do." Enzo replied with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"And do you Ophelia Sterling Gold take Enzo Henry Valois to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Ophelia stated as she felt Enzo squeezing her hand lightly.

"Then I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest exclaimed happily as everyone cheered.

Enzo dipped his head down to capture the dark haired girls lips.

Catherine wiped away a tear as she saw how happy her little boy looked.

As the married couple walked towards the door everyone cheered as some children threw flowers over them, causing Ophelia to let out a laugh.

𓃗

"Dance with me." Enzo said as he dragged his wife onto the ballroom floor.

Ophelia looked stunning. She looked....well like a princess.

"My Enzo, willingly dancing with me? Oh I've seen it all." Ophelia teased as he wrapped his arm around her waist and swayed slightly.

"Only the best for my wife" The second those words left his lips, Ophelia's heart skipped a beat.

"Well husband you better get used to dancing then." The dark haired girl laughed as he squeezed her waist teasingly.

"I'm sorry that we have to go through with the.....consummation tonight." Enzo had tried to get his father to call it off but it was royal tradition.

"It's alright you tried." Ophelia reassured him, of course she was uncomfortable with the whole thing but didn't want Enzo feeling guilty.

Enzo only kissed her in response.

"I'm glad I can do that whenever I want." He said with a happy sigh that made Ophelia laugh at his simple need of wanting a kiss.

Ophelia reached forward and placed her chin on his shoulder as they continued dancing with some of the other couples joining them on the dance floor.

"I love you." Enzo whispered so quietly she almost didn't hear it.

Ophelia's head whipped back so hard she almost broke her neck, "Di-Did you just say what I think you did?" She asked in disbelief.

"I love you Ophelia." He said only louder this time as he say the bright smile that came to her face.

"I love you too Enzo." She said as she kissed him once again.

𓃗

The consummation was something Ophelia never wanted to talk about. It wasn't her first time having sex but it was her first time with Enzo.

Enzo could tell how uncomfortable she was with the whole thing and tried to make her as comfortable as possible. But they agreed to never speak of it again.

"Henry has gone mad." Kenna announced quietly as she sat down with a huff beside Greer.

Ophelia, Mary, Greer and unfortunately Lola were sitting together at a table before Kenna joined them looking upset.

Ophelia's eyes widened in shock as she reached over and smacked Kenna on the arm, "You can't just announce those things aloud!" She screeched.

"What? Why not?" Lola asked cluelessly.

"Because if anyone heard you they would take it literally." Mary shared a glance with Ophelia. The king was really going insane but the French didn't need to know.

Greer decided to change the topic, "I heard a certain someone has been getting chatted up at this wedding." She gossiped as she slyly glanced at Lola.

"Oh, Lord Julien is it?" Mary teased as the other ladies laughed at Lola's blushing face.

"Don't start Greer I saw you getting very cosy with Lord Castleroy." Kenna laughed.

"Oh do tell!" Ophelia was happy that everyone was getting along, especially Mary and Lola considering the.....situation.

Laughs filled the ballroom the whole night. Everything was perfect, Enzo and Ophelia shared a few more dances even Francis had offered a dance.

"Have you thought about your new title, Princess?" Francis teased as they joined the groups of dancing couples.

"No I haven't, Dauphin. I have been thinking about how I'm going to put up with your brother." She replied playfully as Francis laughed.

"I have a question." The blonde said as he raised an eyebrow, asking for permission to ask his question.

Ophelia nodded.

"Have you seen how my father is?" It certainly wasn't the question she thought he would ask but she answered none the less.

"I've heard....rumours of his health. I'm sorry Francis." The dark haired girl replied genuinely.

Francis shook off her sympathy as he smiled at her, "I'm glad you are apart of this family you know." He told the dark haired woman before him.

"Really?" She replied curiously, although they were friends she thought it might be a bit awkward that she married his brother.

"You're good for Enzo, he's...." The blonde trailed off trying to find the right word.

"Happy?" Ophelia filled. She'd heard many people say that to her already.

Francis nodded his head as he caught sight of his wife. Ophelia could see he wanted to go talk to her, "Go." She chuckled.

𓃗

"I think today has been the best day of my life." Enzo said quietly as he walked back to their new room.

Every royal had their own room and a shared one, they were spending their night together as married couples do.

"Why because you are now married to someone as amazing as myself." Ophelia joked as she looped her arm through her husbands.

"Yes." Enzo replied dead serious as Ophelia started laughing, the man soon joining in.

"I love you." Ophelia whispered as she kissed his lips.

"Say it again." The brown haired man begged.

"I" kiss "love" another kiss "you." This kiss became slightly more passionate.

"I love you too." Enzo finally replied with a dazed smile.

"Let's get you to bed, Princess Valois."

𓃗