27

𓃗

"I've called you here tonight for a celebration." Henry started as people were gathered in the throne room.

Henry had decided that the wedding should be held next week, nobody knew why he wanted it so soon. But tonight he was announcing the engagement.

"My son, Enzo Valois, is to be wed next week, to Lady Ophelia Gold." People clapped and cheered.

Many people had seen the way the two interact with one another and only hoped for their happiness. Apart from the few girls who fawned over Enzo, who were overcome with jealousy.

"I hate that everything is so....public." Ophelia muttered to Enzo as the two stood beside one another watching some couples dancing.

"I'm afraid that's how will be darling. Who knows, we could buy a place outside of the castle live there." The man said quietly as he placed a reassuring hand on her bare shoulder.

"I would like that. I would also like a dance." Ophelia knew damn well he lied about not dancing. He secretly liked it, you could tell from the way his eyes followed every moment of the dance.

"I told you I-"

"Don't dance, yes as you've said but we are getting married, please just this once." Ophelia practically begged as she placed hand atop of his.

Enzo couldn't say no to her. It was like magic, she could say anything with a pretty smile and he would do it.

"Fine." He agreed, feigning a sigh of annoyance.

"Thank you!" Ophelia said as she dragged him to the dance floor.

Francis who had been watching the interaction between the two, turn to his half brother.

"He gave in so easily." The blonde chuckled.

"Oh, don't act like you aren't at Mary's every beck and call." Bash told his brother as also laughed.

"Well...." Francis had no reply to that.

Seeing that Mary wanted to talk to Enzo alone for a moment, Francis decided to go talk to Ophelia.

"May I have this dance?" Francis asked once he had neared the dark haired girl.

"Of course." She agreed with a smile.

𓃗

"How have you been?" Ophelia was the first to talk.

"Good." Francis sighed happily at the thought of his life in this moment.

"I want us to be friends again." Francis said after a short pause.

"Have we ever really stopped being friends, Francis?" Ophelia teased, there had been moments where he came to her asking for advice, especially with Mary and how he could be a good husband and eventually king.

"No I suppose we haven't." The blonde agreed with a laugh.

"Then, there's no need for that talk." The dark haired girl concluded with a smile.