46

𓃗

"Darling, your lady will be here soon, my mother said you better be ready." Enzo popped his head into his shared chambers to see Ophelia sitting at her desk writing on a piece of parchment.

"Of course, I'll be there in a moment." She replied absentmindedly.

Enzo fully stepped into the room, staring intently at his wife. Something was...different.

Ophelia had finally lifted her head to see his intense gaze, "What is it?" She asked, standing from her seat, smoothing out any wrinkles in her dress.

"Did you change something?" He asked after looking her up and down as she approached him.

"I pinned up my hair?" Ophelia stated confusedly, "Are you feeling well, my love?" She joked, placing the back of her hand on his forehead.

"Children, make haste!" The married couple heard Beth Gold shout from outside of the door.

Enzo looked at her once more before shaking his head and offering his arm for her to take.

Ophelia let out an inaudible sigh of relief. She had planned it in her mind, she would tell Enzo after his coronation, yes that is perfect.

𓃗

Lola was stood by Mary in the Scottish queens drawing room.

"You are returning to Scotland?" Of course everyone knew why Mary couldn't bare to stay any longer but Lola didn't think she would leave so soon.

"Yes, and you are my only lady left. Kenna is staying here with Bash, Greer is living with Castleroy wherever they are and of course Ophelia is about to be Queen Consort-" Mary was cut off by Lola.

"Ophelia is to be Queen of France not Queen Consort." Lola's brows furrowed, had Mary not heard the news.

Mary slightly frowned. Mary couldn't continue being Queen of France since she was only seen as Francis' wife. But if anything was to happen to Enzo, Ophelia would remain Queen.

"How?" Mary asked.

"Enzo demanded it, I suppose." The curly haired lady supplied with a light shrug of her shoulders.

The Scottish Queen only nodded too deep into her thoughts to reply with words.

𓃗

"Lady Astraea Baros of France." A 16 year old girl stepped through the doors of one of the castles drawing rooms where Ophelia, her mother, Catherine and Enzo were gathered.

She stood awkwardly with her shoulder slightly hunched, looking extremely uncomfortable in the room of powerful people.

"If I knew she didn't have proper posture I wouldn't have even suggested her." Catherine mumbled to the blonde who stood alongside her.

"Catherine, please, she nervous the poor thing." Ophelia furrowed her brows in worry for the poor girl.

"Oh here we go, another child for you take care of, you already spend your time mothering your brother and my son Charles." Beth smiled at the banter between her daughter and the Queen mother.