4

𓃗

The ladies were standing around chatting to one another when Ophelia noticed Lola was looking elsewhere.

Leaning closer to her Ophelia whispers "Lola. Are you alright?"

Lola turned to look at her with furrowed brows, "I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" she put on a small fake smile.

That's when Greer asked, " Why aren't you with Colin?"

All of the girls turn to see Colin place a kiss to the back of Mary's hand.

"What's he doing with Mary?" Greer said confused by what she was seeing.

"That was very....friendly" Ophelia muttered to herself.

Lola had confusion written all over her features.

"She's his queen. He's just paying his respects" the brown haired girl said trying to reassure the two girls and herself.

Colin then hands a chalice of wine to Mary. "Let's raise a glass, to the happy couple!"

All of the men surrounding them take a sip of their wine.

None of the other girls noticed but Mary didn't take a sip of her wine. Instead she placed it on the table behind her.

Colin then walked off nervously after making the toast.

Mary then sees Lola and Greer staring at her still confused by her interaction with Colin.

The young queen then turned to Aylee. "I want to dance" she told the blonde.

"You cant dance alone" the blonde said laughing slightly.

"I won't be alone."

Mary grabs onto Aylee's arm and leads her to her other three ladies just as Kenna joins them.

𓃗

"Ophelia, come dance with me. Take off your shoes. Come on. Dance with me" the brunette demanded.

As all of the girls take off their shoes, Ophelia couldn't help the smile that grew on her face.

Ophelia grabbed onto Mary's hands and dragged her to the dance floor. All of the girls were laughing their heads off and spinning around as everyone was clapping and cheering them on.

Everyone was clearly amused by the queen of Scots and her ladies....apart from Queen Catherine.

"We've been over run by Scots" she muttered sarcastically to no one in particular.

𓃗

"Look Elizabeth and Phillip are leaving" Lola announced.

"It's time for the consummation; the ritual; the ceremony; the mystery. Aren't you curious" Kenna said. Well it was very obvious she was curious.

"It would have to be rather uncomfortable to have people watch you bed your husband for the first time." Ophelia started "Well that's if it is their first time" she added cheekily.

All of the ladies laughed with her.

Kenna then grabbed onto Mary's hand and dragged her into a dark room that gave you full view of the consummation room.

"You mean they actually watch them... you know" Ophelia felt bad for Aylee it was clear that she didn't fully understand royal traditions, but then again neither did she. All she knew about French Court was from what her father told her.

Greer then interrupted Ophelia from thinking about her father any further, "It's tradition for royals."

Kenna then turned to Mary "Don't you want to know what your in for someday? With Francis?"

Even though it was dark the Gold girl could see the nervousness on Mary's face.

"It will be okay, I am sure it won't be as bad as you think" Ophelia tried to reassure her. Mary turned to give her a grateful smile.

Phillip then kisses Elizabeth and whispers something to her.

Ophelia felt very uncomfortable watching the consummation. She felt that it was a very intimate moment that no one needed to see.

Thankfully for her Aylee turned around and said "Let's go"

"Go before anyone sees us." Mary agreed.

𓃗

All of the girls went their separate ways apart from Ophelia and Mary.

"How is Charlie?" Mary asked her on their way back to the ballroom.

Hearing her brothers name automatically brought a smile to the Golds face. "When I last talked to him he was doing well. I hope he is okay with my mother" she sighed guiltily.

Mary suddenly stopped walking and turned to face her.

"You don't need to feel guilty, Lia. Of course you mother isn't the best but surely she wouldn't hurt him?" Mary said trying her best to reassure her friend.

Ophelia sighed again. "Your right" she whispered.

She then moved her eyes to see Francis looking right at her. "I think your lover boy wants to speak with you" Ophelia teased lightly.

Mary bowed her head and blushed.

"He does not love me" The Scottish queen said sadly.

"Maybe not yet but in time he will and if he does not then he is a fool, for you Mary Queen of Scots are strong, powerful and beautiful. You will be the strongest queen anyone has every met" she said her words with such confidence that Mary couldn't help but believe her words.

"I don't know what I would to without you"

"Well let's hope we never have to find out"

𓃗