25

𓃗

"I'm not marrying anyone father!" Enzo shouted once the two Golds left the room.

"You will do as I say!" Henry matched his son's volume.

"Ok enough both of you!" Catherine was at her wits end with both of them.

Both men shut up straight away. Even though Henry had more authority than the woman he was actually quite afraid of her.

"Enzo....I don't understand why you won't marry the girl. She is a respectable young lady whom you like. Would you rather a marriage like mine and your fathers?" The blonde woman asked rhetorically with her hand on her hips.

Enzo looked away from his mothers unwavering stare. Her words had hit him right in the face. He then realised how much him and Ophelia matched. They both shared the same interests.

There was no doubt about the fact that he liked her. She was quite literally perfect. But he was far from perfect. He couldn't promise that he could provide for her or even give her the family she wants.

The brown haired man was snapped out of his thoughts by his father's voice.

"You have to marry someone son. Even Charles has a bride. Ophelia Gold is the best match for you." Henry said softly.

Enzo had no choice. He was stuck. So, going against his better judgement he nodded his head.

"If you don't mind I'm feeling quite tired. Goodnight." Enzo excused himself as he quickly walked to his chambers to think about the future.

𓃗

"Lia!"

Ophelia had been sitting outside underneath a tree writing when she heard someone call for her.

Lifting her head the girl spotted her best friend and queen.

"Mary!" She shouted joyfully as she hopped up, discarding her letters.

The two dark haired girls tan towards each other and jumped into one another's arms.

"Oh you are glowing! How is married life?" Ophelia questioned as she pulled her friend towards the tree she had been sitting at.

"It's amazing, Francis is an amazing husband." Mary gushed. Completely in love with her husband and the thought of their future together.

"That's amazing Mary. I have some news." Ophelia thought now was the best time to tell her friend of her 'marriage' (if it even happens).

"Of course." Mary quickly nodded with a smile.

As Ophelia went to open her mouth someone interrupted her.

"I hope I'm not interrupting."

The Gold girl turned her head to see Enzo standing there looking more shy then she had ever seen him before.

"Yes you are."

"No of course not."

Mary and Ophelia's heads snapped towards one another. Ophelia wasn't in the mood to deal with Enzo right now but Mary seemed all to happy to play matchmaker and let the two talk.