51

𓃗

"Oh please Enzo. I am with child not dying." Ophelia rolled her eyes at her husband for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

Ever since Enzo knew Ophelia was pregnant he had made it his top priority that she was safe and comfortable. Which was sweet at first until it quickly became annoying.

"Yes, I know. But it is my child you're carrying, I need to ensure you are both safe." The curly haired man defended himself.

"Our child." Ophelia corrected before walking up to the doors of the throne room.

The Queen nodded her head at the knights, who then opened the door for her and Enzo.

"Apologies, my darling." Enzo said quietly.

Catherine and Beth who weren't fair behind the married couple, heard the whole thing and shared a smirk with each other. It was always amusing to see how Ophelia had the King wrapped around her finger.

"Someone fetch Lady True for me, please." Ophelia asked one of the servants as her and Enzo sat in their thrones.

"Right away, your Majesty." A short black haired woman quickly walked out of the room just as Astraea walked in looking slightly disheveled as usual.

Ophelia took one look at the line of people who had come to complain to their King and Queen and sighed deeply. Today will certainly be a long day.

𓃗

"I saw you take my potatoes!" A woman pointed at another.

Ophelia had her head resting against her palm as she watched two people from a village argue about stealing their crops.

"You took my carrots first you old hag!" The other woman shouted.

"How dare y-"

"Enough!" Both the King and Queen said loudly, finally getting the women to shut up for a minute.

"Either give back the crops you took from each other or pay for them." Enzo told the two women who hugged in annoyance but agreed before being escorted out.

"Your Majesty, Lady True is here." The servant from before told Ophelia timidly.

"Thank you." The dark haired woman smiled softly at the timid women.

With a wave of a hand, people were escorted out of the room and Lady True finally entered.

"Your Majesty's." She curtsied in-front of the pair.

Ophelia stood from her throne and walked down the steps to reach the red headed lady before her.

"I have decided that Charlie and your daughter's union will not be going ahead." Ophelia told the woman who looked up in shock.

"B-But, you do remember our last conversation." Lady True reminded.

Of course Ophelia remembered the conversation, more like the blackmail. But for the last few days, she has spent time gathering anything she can find on Lady True.

"I do, I remember it quite well actually." The dark haired woman nodded. "But you really wouldn't think I would just...let you walk all over me, your Queen, would I?" Ophelia pouted mockingly.

Enzo, who had been watching from his throne sat up a little straighter, wondering what would come next sort of like reading a book and waiting for the character to get to the point.

"I- Ah- Your Majesty..." The Lady stuttered nervously, glancing back towards the French King.

"You see, I have been asking around about you Lady True." Ophelia began, "I wonder what your husband thinks of the numerous men you having been seeing particularly late at night." She leaned in to whisper, "Does your daughter know that you have arranged her marriage just to hide behind the my family, to protect yourself?"

Lady True gulped breaking eye contact with Ophelia. She glanced up to see Enzo leaning back with a proud look on his face.

"You won't tell my husband if the wedding is cancelled?" The red head asked, receiving a nod in reply. "Fine." And with that, she practically sprinted out of the room.

"I think I need to keep you away from my mother." Enzo commented, causing Ophelia to turn around to him.

"Is it horrible of me that I found that kind of fun?" Ophelia laughed.

Enzo wrapped his arms around her waist before replying with a simple 'yes' and a chuckle.

𓃗

"Is it true?" Charlie jogged slightly to catch up to his older sister.

"Is what true?" Ophelia questioned back.

Charlie slowed to a stop, "That you have stopped the union?" His face was blank but his eyes betrayed him.

"You wanted to marry the girl?" The dark haired woman asked.

"Well, it wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world." The blonde boy shrugged his shoulders.

"Charlie you are 12-"

"Almost 13!"

"You are 13 in a few weeks and you really want to be wed so young?" Ophelia looked at him as if he was ill.

"So?"

"So, you will not be wed until you are at least 15 or 16 years of age." The dark haired woman than began walking away again.

"I think I love her, sister." Charlie admitted causing Ophelia to stop dead in her tracks.

She took a deep breath before turning to face her brother again, "You are still so young." She whispered softly.

Seeing that his sister would not budge on her decision, Charlie decided it would be best to leave for now, he would probably end up telling Elizabeth the news while out.

Ophelia bit her lip harshly watching her little brother walk down the hallway. Maybe she just didn't want to admit that he was growing up.

Anyone who knows how protective she is of Charlie, only wishes her unborn child luck in the future.

Authors Note

Writers block is a bitch.

-K