17

𓃗

"Mary and Bash are back at the castle." Lola told Ophelia.

Ophelia and Enzo's conversation stopped after a brief introduction. Enzo was meeting up with friends despite everything going on with his brothers.

"Is Mary alright?" The dark haired girl asked right away.

Lola nodded but with an odd look on her face, "You should hear what she has to tell you."

"Well it can't be that bad right?" Ophelia sighed.

𓃗

"I'm going to marry Bash."

Okay so it was bad. That was definitely not what Ophelia expected Mary to tell her.

"I'm sorry. I think I heard you wrong. Your marrying Bash?" The blue eyed girl asked.

"Yes. He's going to be legitimate so he can become king then we'll marry. King Henry has agreed." Mary told her friend.

"And what does Francis think?" Even though they had a falling out of sorts earlier in the day she still felt bad for him. Not only is Bash going to marry the woman who is supposed to be his wife, but he was taking his throne.

"Well...We haven't exactly talked." the young queen said.

Ophelia sighed. "Maybe let him be for awhile. Before you try talk to him" she advised.

"I will don't worry." the other brunette reassured.

"I'll always be worrying about someone Mary."

𓃗

"Ah, so we meet again darling." Enzo stated with a charming smile on his handsome face.

Ophelia his the small smile that came to her face at the nickname he had given her.

"So we have, your grace" Ophelia always used formal titles unless being told other wise. She had raised Charlie to do the the same.

"Enzo. Just Enzo. None of that fancy title bullshit" It was clear he had a slight distaste for his royal title.

"Well I would say call me Ophelia but it appears that you already have a name for me." The Gold girl smirked.

Enzo said nothing as he admired her smirk. He didn't know if he wanted to get rid of it or make it stay forever.

"Ophelia!" The voice belonging to Francis snapped Enzo from his thoughts.

"Ah, brother. I'm just chatting with your friend." Enzo has a slight smirk on he saw slight jealousy in his older brothers eyes.

Ophelia cleared her throat, gaining both of the mens attention.

"You want to speak to me?" she raised an eyebrow at Francis.

"I'll leave you two be then. I'll see you soon darling" The brown haired man winked towards the Gold girl.

𓃗

"I see you met Enzo" Francis started.

"Really?" Ophelia asked sarcastically with a smile on her face.

"Did you need something, Francis"

He couldn't get the words out the longer he looked at Ophelia. Francis couldn't stay here and watch his brother marry the woman he was supposed to. He went to find Ophelia to say goodbye, but before he could stop himself, the words had already left his mouth.

"I'm leaving. Come with me" Those words shocked both of them.

"Francis. You're upset, you're not thinking clearly." Ophelia stated.

"No. I am. I can't stay here while....I want you to come with me" Francis told the girl looking at her with a loving look.

"Stop looking at me like you want me because we both know you don't. You want Mary. Francis think about this, I understand that you can't stay here but do not come looking for me the minute you can't have Mary, because I am no one's second choice." and with that Ophelia kissed his cheek and turned around and walked back towards her chambers.

𓃗