41

𓃗

"Ophelia! I've done something horrible." Mary announced in a panic as burst into the Valois home around midday.

Enzo released a sigh and relaxed when he realised it was only his brother wife who burst into his home and not someone trying to kill them.

"Mary, sit down. Breathe." Ophelia stood and led the distraught queen to a chair, while rubbing her hands on her back soothingly.

"I'm sorry for bursting in like that." The Scottish and French queen said after she had finally calmed down.

Ophelia only shook her head and waved her off, a silent gesture of say 'it's fine'.

"I will leave you ladies to it." Enzo stood from his seat, kissing Ophelia's cheek before walking into the study room of their cottage.

"Now." Ophelia sat down beside her friend, "What has you in such a panic." She asked.

"I kissed Louis." A lone tear streamed down Mary's face as she admitted what she had done. One minute her and Condé were talking and the next his lips were on hers. And she didn't stop him.

Ophelia's eyes widened in shock at this information. Everyone knew Mary and Francis had problems but she didn't think either of them would find comfort with another person.....wait.....never mind.

"Was that all?" Ophelia was slightly afraid to find out the answer, but she would always be there for Mary no matter how bad her actions may be.

"We stopped before we could get that far."

"So it was more than just a simple kiss?" Ophelia wasn't exactly whispering, but she knew that Enzo couldn't hear what they were talking about from the study. Where he should have been.

The two woman didn't know but Enzo was standing just around the corner listening to everything being said. When Francis came to him about his suspicions of Mary and Condé, Francis asked him to listen out for any word on the two.

While the two talked and moved on from the subject of Louis Condé and everything got to do with what happened, Enzo couldn't help but feel guilty. Sure, what he was doing was for his brother, but he was listening in on his wife's conversations and encouraging her to spill Mary's secrets to him.

Ophelia had a hard time fully trusting people, this would just make it worse.

𓃗

"Zo? Are you still in here?" Ophelia's voice was slightly muffled from behind the door.

"Come in, darling." Enzo quickly pulled out some documents he had to look over for his next meeting with the French Counsel members.

Ophelia opened the door and smiled when she seen her husband sitting at his desk, working away.

"Are you just going to watch me from the door?" Enzo asked without lifting his eyes from the paper
in front of him.

"I happen to quite like the view." The dark haired girl smirked at him although he couldn't see it.

"Really?" Although Ophelia always complimented him, he couldn't stop the blush that lightly covered his cheek.