34

𓃗

Henry's funeral went by in a blink of an eye. Most of the day was spent trying to coax a word out of her husband. The man had been grieving in silence and refused to talk about his feelings with Ophelia.

Francis' coronation was going to be soon, and while Ophelia was excited for her friend to ascend to the throne, it wasn't under greatest circumstances.

"Did you hear the news of a plague that's beginning to spread?" Kenna, Ophelia, Greer and Mary were sitting outside enjoying the sun that kissed their faces with warmth.

"It's awful. Those poor families." Ophelia was a very family oriented person, so hearing about all of these people dying upset her greatly.

"Are you and Francis nervous?" Greer asked Mary after a few moments of comfortable silence.

"I think Francis is more nervous." Mary answered. Becoming king wasn't the only thing weighing on Francis' mind, he had to figure out how to tell his brothers that he is the reason their father died.

"How's Lola doing?" Kenna questioned curiously, the ladies hadn't seen her in a few days, Ophelia had a feeling it was something got to do with her new husband or the royal child she was carrying.

"She's fine, her and Lord Julien are very happy." Mary half lied, she had no idea how her Lady was getting along with her new husband, but she knew that Lola was fine.

"Good." Kenna nodded.

From there the conversation switched from many different topics, to gossiping about their husbands and teasing Greer about Lord Castleroy, who had taken a liking to the blonde.

These days always made Ophelia feel normal, although she wouldn't change anything in her life now for the world, she couldn't help but sometimes wish to go back to being that little girl living in Scotland, having no other thoughts on her mind apart from her horse.

𓃗

The next morning Ophelia woke up to an empty bed, since Henry's funeral this had been a common occurrence. Enzo would stay the night and leave his wife waking up in a cold bed and her husband nowhere to be seen.

Huffing out a sigh, Ophelia quickly remembered that today was Francis' coronation. Mary was becoming Queen Regent of France.

Once Ophelia was dressed she left her shared chambers and headed straight to Mary's chambers. While she wasn't her Lady anymore, it would do no harm helping her prepare for the ceremony this morning.

The dark haired girl lightly knocked on the door, hearing Mary shout out a quick 'come in'. The first thing to catch Ophelia's eye was Mary standing in a beautiful burnt orange dress and it has gold details at the top.

"Mary, that dress." Ophelia breathed out in awe, it was by far the most beautiful dress she had ever seen.

"Thank you." Mary smiled at her friends awe.

"Are you ready to be the queen to another country?" Ophelia joked as she looked in one of the countless mirrors, fixing her hair.

Mary only barked out a laugh at her friends teasing. Her and Francis had been arguing a lot at the moment, so she was currently avoiding him. Mary knew that she had to come clean about Lola's situation soon, but she just wanted to get this day done and over with.