39

𓃗

Enzo was the first to wake up that morning. For some reason Ophelia had been extremely tired. Well she knew the reason she was up so late, she had been helping Greer plan a wedding.

Greer had fully broken off things with Leith awhile after Mary and Francis' coronation, she was now marrying Lord Aloysius Castleroy, who was a kind man. He was widowed being left with just his daughter, Gemma.

Even if Greer was still completely in love with Leith, her father was pushing her to get married for the sake of her younger sisters.

Greer was happy to marry Aloysius because he talked to her father and persuaded him to give Greer full control of who Greer's sisters marry, which Ophelia thought was the sweetest thing she had ever heard.

"Come on darling, you didn't stay up late all those nights just be late to this wedding." Enzo chuckled as he tried to wake his wife.

"Ten minutes." Ophelia whined before she turned to cuddle into Enzo's naked chest.

Enzo only smiled happily at the woman lying on his chest, he moved a piece of hair out of her face to fully admire her.

"I think Castleroy's daughter would attempt to kill you if you are late." The Valois man joked, "Come on." He muttered before lifting her off the bed, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Enzo!" Ophelia squealed as her eyes shot open after being thrown over his shoulder.

Enzo only laughed before walking towards Ophelia's seat in front of a mirror, but just before he could let her down, she smacked his ass.

"Please children, it's too early for all of that." Catherine sighed, walking into her sons room and the first thing she had seen was his wife smacking his ass, not exactly a sight she would ever want to see.

"Mother!"

𓃗

The wedding venue was beautiful, everything was perfect, the only problem was that Greer was yet to show up.

"Honestly is Greer drawing out the suspense to make a grander entrance?" Catherine placed her hands on her hips, "Will she be arriving on flying swans?"

Ophelia and Enzo both covered up their laughs with a cough as Francis and Mary just sighed at Catherine's comment.

"She better show up after all of this planning." Ophelia muttered so that only Enzo heard.

"Don't say that, we could be doing far more enjoyable things right now." Enzo replied only he didn't say it quietly, which cause the other three people around them shot a look towards him.

"Brother, please..." Francis pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

Before anyone else could say anything, the doors finally opened and Greer was seen in her beautiful ivory dress that had shiny silver accents running through it.

Castleroy looked at the woman he was about to call his wife with a smile, he only ever seemed to have a genuine smile when he talked to his daughter or Greer.

"Oh thank God." Mary said quietly, pinching Ophelia to stop her from laughing at her friends worry that this wedding wouldn't happen.

They could only stand there and wish the best for Greer and Castleroy's marriage, because who wouldn't want a wife that was in love with another man?

𓃗

"Oh admit it you thought that all of your planning would go to waste!" Enzo exclaimed loudly with a laugh. He had a few cups of wine and whatever strong drink Bash had been drinking.

"Fine, I was worried that she wasn't going to show up." Ophelia admitted with a roll of her blue eyes, a smile still present on her face.

The married couple had walked outside for a bit and were now coming up towards the lake that they always seemed to end up at. Perhaps it was the peacefulness of the slight ripples in the water that drew them towards it every time.

"Do you know how to swim?" Enzo asked after a few moments of comfortable silence.

"I do, you know that." Ophelia nodded, recalling the time she had told Enzo about the lake her and Charlie used to sneak off to during the summer to cool down.

Without saying anything, Enzo grabbed onto his wife's hand and pulled her with him into the freezing lake.

"Enzo!" Ophelia shouted in shock.

Enzo only tugged her further in before pulling both of them underwater for a few seconds.

"Ah, that was refreshing." Enzo sighed happily with a mischievous grin on his features.

"You bastard." Ophelia muttered punching his arm while simultaneously trying to keep her head above the water.

"You we're the one who told me you liked swimming." He tried to weakly defend himself.

"When it's warm!" Ophelia tried to hide the smile that made its way into her face.

"I see a smile there." Enzo stated proudly, happy that he had managed to make her smile.

Ophelia only rolled her eyes with a now mischievous smile on her face.

"What is that look?" Enzo narrowed his eyes at the woman before slightly recoiling back.

Ophelia didn't reply. She quickly splashed water at his face before quickly turning trying to swim away, laughing her head off as she did so.

"Oi!"

The two spent their night like children, ignoring the presence and looks from the Lords and Ladies of French Court. Unbeknownst to them, Mary was watching from one of the many castle balconies, silently wishing she could do that or anything remotely like that with Francis.

She knew Francis was stressed about being king and of course a father but she couldn't help but wish that they were just a girl and just a boy, who could do things like Ophelia and Enzo.

Little did Mary know that her new form of excitement would come in the form of a certain Louis Condé.

𓃗

Authors Note
Writers block is a bitch.

This chapter is kind of short but I mean at least it's something right?

I might be either taking down this book to edit it soon or putting it on hold which I apologise in advance if that bothers you.

AND OMG OVER 6k READS IS INSANE (probably not a big deal to most but it is to me) SO THANK YOU

and thank you to everyone who is voting and putting this book into their reading lists I love it

Until next time darlings <3

-K