31

𓃗

Ophelia woke up feeling a weight around her waist. She turned her head slightly to see Enzo with his head buried into her hair and his arm wrapped around her.

She smiled happily at the sight of the man, the thoughts of yesterday came flooding back to her, making her smile widen.

"Good morning my darling." His husky voice was thick with sleep, a smile playing in his lips.

"I've been promoted to 'my darling' now?" Ophelia joked as the man finally opened up his eyes.

"Mhm." Enzo hummed as he cuddled back into Ophelia, wanting to sleep more.

"You know we having to get up soon my love." Ophelia told him as she lightly brushed her fingers through his curly hair.

"5 minutes." He whined.

Ophelia only laughed, letting him place his head on her chest as she played with his hair.

"Fine. Five minutes, no later." She agreed as she rested her head on her soft pillow.

𓃗

True to her word, Ophelia and Enzo were up after 5 minutes. Although it took a lot of persuasion and kisses, but the Valois man finally got up.

The happy couple were on their way to the dining hall for breakfast when Enzo spoke up, "I have a gift for you." He stated as they reached the doors.

"Funny you say that, because I have one for you too." Ophelia said with a little laugh.

"After breakfast I'll show you."

Ophelia was about to say something else before she was interrupted.

"Ah the happy couple! To Enzo and Ophelia Valois!" Henry toasted as everyone lifted their cups of juice or wine.

Enzo covered his concerned expression as he nodded his head at his father. He greeted Catherine with a kiss on her cheek as he sat down beside her and Ophelia.

"How did you sleep?" Catherine asked slyly once she saw how tired the pair looked.

"Uh-"

"Perfect." Ophelia interrupted Enzo's stammering state as she placed her hand on his knee.

Thomas was slightly glaring at Enzo. He knew that they were married, but he still didn't like the fact that his little girl was growing up.

"I'm sure you're excited to travel France for a few day." Beth said to her daughter once she caught the look on Thomas' face.

"I cant wait." The dark haired girl stated with an excited smile as Catherine smiled in amusement at her blushing son.

𓃗

After breakfast, Enzo placed a blindfold on his wife and led her outside.

"I swear if I trip over my dress one more time-" Ophelia was trying to threaten Enzo before he interrupted her by ripping the blindfold off.

He had led them to the stables where there stood the midnight coloured horse she hadn't seen in almost a year.

"You did not." She gasped once she seen the newly engraved saddle on the horse that read Moon.

Enzo smiled at the joyous expression on Ophelia's face.

"I did." He laughed as she threw her arms around his neck, his arms automatically falling to her waist.

"My gift doesn't seem as sentimental now." Ophelia murmured.

"I will love it anyway." He promised the dark haired girl.

𓃗

"Where are we?" Enzo asked once he hopped off of his horse and Ophelia got down from Moon.

Ophelia had brought him to a decent sized cottage not far from the castle. During one of their late night talks before the engagement, Enzo had mentioned how he always wanted to live in a cottage.

"Our new home if you like it." Ophelia told her husband as she looped her arm through his, walking him to the door of the small cottage.

"You did this for me?" He said in awe as he looked around inside.

"No I did it for your brothers." She rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"I love it and I love you." He kissed her lightly and meaningfully.

"I didn't know how you much you liked decorating so I did most of it." Ophelia explained as he walked around the cottage.

There was one room that was left completely undecorated and empty.

"What is this room going to be?" Enzo asked with a confused expression.

"Well....I was thinking it could be a uh.....a nursery." Ophelia stammered nervously. They had yet to discuss if they wanted children one day.

When Enzo looked at Ophelia's nervous state, his eyes softened, "I would love to have children one day with you darling." he said softly as he held her hands.

Ophelia's face brightened as she leaned up to kiss his cheek before dragging him along to the other rooms, Enzo clinging onto her every word, watching at how happy she looked.

Once he couldn't imagine being with anyone, but now he couldn't imagine being without Ophelia. Most arranged marriages don't last, but Ophelia and Enzo were one of the lucky ones.

𓃗

Authors Note
Sorry for the short chapters and shitty writing I'm kind of running out of ideas to make this book entertaining.
Thank you for reading this book Id love to know your opinion and if you have any ideas you want me to do just comment them.
-K