49

𓃗

"Lady True." Ophelia greeted the older woman as she neared her.

Lady True curtsied and dipped her head down, "Your grace." Ophelia smiled lightly at her.

"I have been told that you would like to speak with me?" The dark haired woman smiled at the Lady before her.

"Yes." She nodded before leaning closer, "Could we talk somewhere privately, your grace." She requested quietly.

The new Queen nodded her head and began to lead Lady True towards the castle.

"May I ask what this is about?" Ophelia asked as they walked.

"It's regarding Elizabeth and Charlie." She said quietly with an odd look on her face.

When Ophelia heard her brothers name bringing uttered, her heart dropped slightly. She didn't say anything only quickened her pace, bringing them to an empty meeting room.

"If my husband is looking for me, tell him I'm talking with Lady True, it's important." Ophelia told the guard who stood outside the door.

With a deep breath she fixed her crown that was slightly tilted and closed the door shut.

𓃗

Lady Ana True was raised to be a polite and respectful woman. She had hoped her daughter would turn out the same way.

Well Elizabeth did turn out like that for the most part. Only she made friends with the wrong people, ones who were married off too young and did things no young lady should be doing.

And when Ana and her husband Joseph walked in on her all over that Gold boy, it would be an understatement to say that they freaked out.

Of course Joseph, who was protective of his little girl and thought she could do no wrong, saw red. He almost killed the boy not even remembering who his family is.

"I'm afraid my husband is not as level headed as I am." Ana looked up to see Ophelia's shocked face, clearly still processing what she had been told. "Your grace, I came to you because my husband believes this is all of your brothers fault and trust me I know it is not." She continued.

"Your husband seeks punishment for my brothers doing?" Ophelia guessed, sitting up straighter in her seat as Ana nodded.

"But that is my husband. He won't go about this ordeal without something being done. I on the other hand believe we can come to a compromise." Her shoulders were straight giving off the appearance that she had no fear but the slight waver in her voice gave away her free of speaking up to a Queen.

Ophelia looked up from the spot on the wooden table she had been staring at, "What are you suggesting?" She asked.

"Money.....a union perhaps." Her tone was slightly hopeful.

"They are 12 years old." Ophelia deadpanned with a blank look on her face.

"Many women get married at that age, besides they are nearly 13." Ana shrugged as if she didn't just offer her daughter up to ease her husbands anger.

"Hold on, your husband was angry that the two were doing.....'unspeakable things'" She quoted, "But his anger would be resolved with a marriage. I'm sorry is your husband ill?" Ophelia did not care that she probably offended the woman in front of her, she was mad that either way Charlie would be getting the short stick.

"He is only mad because they're unmarried and doing these things."

Before Ophelia could reply the door burst open. "I demand to know what you are hid-" Enzo paused once he realised Ophelia was with Lady True and not the physician like he thought.

"Oh, my apologies." He smiled sheepishly at the women before noticing the annoyed and distraught look on his wife's face. "What is going on here?" He asked.

"Give me time to think about it." Ophelia ignored him and spoke to Ana.

"But your grace-"

"Leave." Ophelia commanded in a tone that left no room for questioning.

Lady True curtsied to the two before quickly leaving the room.

Enzo turned towards Ophelia who was stood still like a statue. Her face was void of any emotion but her blue eyes had a storm brewing in them.

"Darling..." Enzo cautiously stepped closer to her.

"That...wench!" She shouted furiously before swiping her papers off of her desk and on to the floor.

Enzo's eyes widened in shock. Never had he seen Ophelia this angry and if he was being honest it slightly scared him.

Ophelia placed her hands on her face trying to calm herself down as Enzo man pulled her into his arms, her head resting on his chest and him resting his chin on top of her head once he had removed her crown.

"Feel better?" He asked with a poorly concealed chuckle. Ophelia smacked him on the arm for laughing at her before snuggling her head deeper into his chest.

"I do now." She replied quietly.

After a few more moments of silence Enzo finally spoke up, "What was that about?" He asked.

"You remember Elizabeth True at our wedding, yes?" He nodded in reply, "Well, her and Charlie have been getting on well together, I thought it was just a childhood crush, but the Trues walked in on him and Elizabeth. Joseph is demanding a punishment, while Ana will settle for a union between the two." Ophelia spit out the last sentence bitterly.

"Well, what is the harm in that?" He asked causing his wife to send him a shocked look before replying, "They are 12 years old!"

"Right, silly me." He nodded quickly in fear of disagreeing with her.

"I have got to talk to Charlie." Ophelia pulled herself out of her husband's embrace.

Enzo placed her crown back on her head and placed a kiss on her lips.

Ophelia smiled softly at him before turning and leaving the room.

"Wai-"

The door shut before he could get another word in.

"Maybe Bash could help." He said out loud to himself before leaving the room in search for him older brother.

𓃗

Authors Note
Wow I am doing well with these updates. Let me know if there's anything you would like to see in the chapter I may write them in.

Ding ding ding to the person who commented on the last chapter (kolstilinksi9 )

You were right Lady True did want to talk about marriage.

It was probably very obvious.

Anyway have a good day
<3

-K