38

𓃗

"Do you know how beautiful you are in red darling?" Enzo slipped his arms around his wife's waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"You've mentioned it a few times." Ophelia craned her neck to look up at him. She was standing by the window in their room, looking out at the children and families laying around in the grass.

"And I will probably say it again." He pressed a kiss to her red stained lips.

"I promised your mother I would have dinner with her tomorrow night." Ophelia stated as Enzo pulled away from her.

The brown haired man nodded along to her words. He had been meaning to spend time with his mother, he was just busy.

"Well my darling, we have a baptism to go to now, you can tell me all about your dinner with my mother after." Enzo stuck out his arm like a true gentleman, as Ophelia would tease.

𓃗

"Welcome all, to the baptism of Jean Valois." The baby's French name was Jean but would end up being called John by everyone.

Mary and Bash had been made Godparents of the baby and despite the situation Mary couldn't be happier to be the little boy's Godmother.

"We all know you will end up being his favourite uncle somehow." Francis told Enzo who whined about not getting to be the Godfather of his nephew.

The ceremony went by quickly and everyone made there way to the ballroom to party as usual. They originally wanted it to be outside but the weather was getting colder and Lola didn't want John to get sick.

"Ophelia, there's something I want to tell you." Mary announced as she dragged the dark haired girl away from her conversation with Kenna.

"Why are yo-"

"I'm with child." The queen interrupted with a smile on her face.

Ophelia paused before a bright smile came to her face. She quickly wrapped her friend up in her arms, "Congratulations." She whispered happily.

"Thank you." The first person Mary wanted to know was Ophelia, the girl who was like her sister.

"Does Francis know?" Ophelia asked, the happy smile still on her face.

"No I'm going to tell him after this." Mary looked towards the direction of the blonde who was happily chatting to his two brother.

"Have you and Enzo thought about children?" Mary asked after a moment.

Ophelia fought the urge to roll her eyes, "It's been mentioned in passing once or twice, but we've never actually talked about trying for a baby."

"I'm afraid to tell Francis." Mary admitted in a small voice as she gazed towards her husband.

"Why, surely he will be happy to have an heir?" The dark haired girl furrowed her brows.

The queen finally dragged her gaze away from her husband and looked at Ophelia, "He has John, plus I don't know if he would want another child so soon." The corners of her lips turned downward.