47

𓃗

"I'm not doing it." Ophelia declared as she slammed the hair pins on her vanity table in frustration.

"Ophelia you have to, you are becoming the Queen!" Astraea exclaimed trying to calm the woman before her.

"Lia, please, relax." Beth sent her daughter a comforting smile through the mirror.

"No. I don't want to be Queen, do you have any idea how terrifying it is, I-I-I am a mess!" Ophelia stumbled over her words as Beth and Astraea shared a concerned glance at one another.

"I'll be back in a moment." Beth squeezed the dark haired girls shoulder before slipping out of the room.

Ophelia squeezed her eyes shut feeling the familiar stinging that occurred when she was about to cry. Stupid pregnancy hormones.

"A-Are you crying?" The young lady asked concerned.

"No!" The Queen to be denied before sighing, "Yes. I'm scared and I'm with child and I haven't told Enzo yet because I'm afraid of his reaction, it is stressing me, which is not good for the baby and now I've got to deal with travelling around France and fulfilling Royal duties"Ophelia rambled before taking a deep breath.

"You're having a baby?" Astraea breathed out in shock.

Ophelia only silently nodded before they heard a knock at the door.

"Lord Thomas Gold." A servant announced her fathers arrival.

"Papa." Ophelia greeted.

Thomas smirked at the mess that was his little girl. "Hello, little one."

"I'll leave you alone." Astraea made her escape thanking the Gods for Thomas' timing.

"Your mother tells me that you want to run away."
Thomas raised a single brow in question, his hands clasped behind his back.

Ophelia stood and looked at him, "I never said I wanted to 'run away' I just....want to run away." She admitted in defeat.

"Come here, little one." He opened his arms for her to step into them, which she did without hesitation.

"I don't know what is like to be in your position, I never will, but what I do know is that you love your husband and you would do anything for him. You are strong and capable. I believe you will do this whole Royal thing with ease. Don't forget you were a Gold before you were a Valois." He kissed the top of her head, feeling her body finally relax.

"Thank you." Ophelia smiled up
at her father who returned the smile.

They moved out of each other's hold and Thomas made a move to leave before pausing.

"When we're you going to tell me that you are expecting?" He asked.

Ophelia froze.

"I-Wha...How!?" She threw her hands up in confusion.

Thomas raised his eyebrows and moved his eye down towards her stomach that was covered by her night gown, one that she only wore because she was about to get into her dress soon.

"Don't wear your corset too tight. I love you, little one." And with those words Thomas Gold left the room.

Nobody would ever understand the Gold man no matter how hard the try.

𓃗

"You look stunning, my darling." Enzo gushed over his wife.

She dawned a beautiful red dress one that was certainly fit for a Queen. She had chose red solely for the fact the her husband loved the colour on her.

"Thank you, my love." Ophelia kissed his cheek in greeting before they began walking towards the throne room, bishops and priests following behind.

"I heard that you were considering leaving this morning." Enzo said quietly.

"It was a mere moment of panic and suddenly everyone thinks I'm going to leave." Ophelia scoffed, fiddling with her wedding ring, a nervous habit she had picked up on since she was engaged.

Enzo smiled softly at her and grabbed her hands, pulling them both to a stop as they reached the doors of the throne room. "We made a promise. We will figure it out together. Anything that happens we will deal with it, together." By saying the last line Enzo hoped that would somehow convince her to open up and out whatever she was hiding.

Neither could get another word out as the doors opened.

Ophelia and Enzo walked side by side as everyone stared on with multiple emotions, joy, excitement, jealousy, anger.

They both knelt down on a cushion before the Pope. Ophelia let out a nervous breath, fully realising that she was about to rule a country. Terrifying.

A crown was placed in Enzo's curled hair and a staff and another item Ophelia didn't know the name of was placed in his hand.

He then stood and looked down to the crowd as the Pope said quietly, "Long live the King.

A gorgeous but heaving crown was then placed on top of Ophelia's long hair.

She stood from her kneeling position, slyly fixing her dress, another nervous habit she had always had, and turned to face the rest of the room. "Long live the Queen."

Ophelia walked up the steps to meet Enzo, both of them walking to the thrones. Sitting down and looking down towards their people.

"Long live the King!"

"Long live the Queen!"

And long may they reign.