11

𓃗

"Come on little one" Ophelias fathers panicked voice dragged her away from her sleep.

"Dad?" her sleepy voice mumbled.

Thomas Gold picked up his daughter's cloak and shoes. He also packed a small bag while she woke herself up.

"Where are we going?" the 8 year old questioned.

"We...are going on a little trip." he replied not looking back her.

Ophelia knew something was wrong.

"I-Is Charlie and Mum coming too?" she asked hesitant to find out the answer.

Thomas finally turned around and picked up his daughter effortlessly. "Yes. We are going to France" he told his daughter trying to calm her nerves.

As they reached the bottom step they heard shouting from outside.

The oldest Gold placed his daughter on her feet. "Stay here" he told her before he went looking for something.

Next thing Ophelia knew her father drew a sword.

"Thomas please! Please! T-Think of Ophelia." Beth's voice rang through the quiet house.

"THIS WAS YOUR MISTAKE BETH!" her father boomed.

"IF I KNEW! If I knew who you had an affa-" his voice was cut off by the sound of a door opening.

"Ah, Beth, dear. Ready to come home?" a voice Ophelia didn't recognise spoke.

The dark haired girl had quietly crept towards the door of their living room where her mother and father was.

"I will not go anywhere with you" Beth's voice came out weak and shaky.

"Well I am the fath-"

"I'm her husband. I am the father of her children she will go no where with you. Not as long as I live" her fathers voice was confident.

"Well are you really? The whore never gave me a chance. Married me then ran off then like all whores do came running back!" the man she didn't recognise spoke again.

"As I said. She will go no where with you." Thomas told the man.

"Yes, yes as long as you live she stays with you." there was a pause. "I suppose we just have to change that won't be we" after said that the man drew his sword.

Thomas couldn't blink before the sword stabbed him in the stomach.

"NO!" Beth cried out.

Ophelia was stood frozen in shock at the doorway.

"Come home soon"

As the men walked out the door Ophelia made her presence known and tan towards her father who was bleeding on the floor.

"D-Daddy?" the Golds voice was shaking as she dropped to her knees near his head.

"L-Little one. I love you." he told his daughter, hoping it wouldn't be the last time he seen her face.

"N-No, no, no" she shook her head in denial as the moon shined on her tears.

"I'm sorry. J-Just know. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are you I will be with you" he whispered.

Thomas Gold wasn't a religious man. But in this moment he was praying he would see his daughter and son grow up.

"Dad? I- I love you"

And that was the last time Thomas Gold smiled.

But it was also the first time Ophelia Golds heart shattered.

𓃗