36

𓃗

"Mary, where's Francis? Enzo's looking for him." Ophelia asked the queen as she stood near her in the throne room.

"Ophelia..." Mary trailed off before making a hand gesture telling her to come closer.

"Lola's giving birth. She wasn't far away, I told Francis to go to her." Mary admitted as she looked all of the Lords she would have to deal with.

As king and queen the couple had to deal with peoples complaints, and of course with this plague many people were here. Of course Lola had gone into labour and Mary couldn't live with the guilt of keeping her husband away from his child.

"Oh Mary." Ophelia sighed, she squeezed her friends hand reassuringly as Catherine approached the two women.

"I take it you heard?" Catherine asked her other daughter-in-law.

"Congratulations on being a grandmother?" Ophelia offered weakly, trying to get out of trouble. God only knows how Catherine would feel about her first grandchild being a bastard.

"My first grandchild is bastard born. God help me." Catherine rolled her eyes before taking a seat in the spare throne, she was going to be helping Mary since Francis wasn't here.

"Good luck." Ophelia said quietly as she quickly walked past the people piling up in the throne room. She walked as fast as she could to her chambers trying to avoid people. The last thing she wanted was to catch this illness.

𓃗

"So let me get this straight." Enzo stood from the bed as he opened his arms out, making wild gestures as he spoke.

"Lola and Francis slept together. Francis came back got married to Mary, then Lola found out she was pregnant with his child and Mary hid this whole thing by marrying her off to Julien?" He asked in disbelief.

"It wasn't just Mary, I helped as much as I could. With everything." Ophelia added which only added to the man's disbelief of how well women hid things.

"And now Lola is giving birth and Mary told Francis to find her. So my brother is about to have his first child with someone who isn't his wife?" His eyes were so wide it was comical.

"Yes my love." Ophelia spoke gently as she approached him. She placed her hand on his arm, forcing him out of his thoughts.

"How could the three of you hide that so well?" He was honestly turned on at how smart his wife was.

"Men are simple, we really didn't have to do much." Ophelia smirked at the offended expression on his face.

Enzo was silent before something popped into his head, "I'm an uncle." He said quietly.

"Yes you are." Ophelia almost laughed at the expression on his face, it was joyful.

"I honestly thought we would end up having a child before him." Enzo admitted.

"Why would you think that?" Ophelia was curious as to what he would say, she just hoped he wouldn't say anything offensive about Mary.

"They argue a lot. Not a lot of-" He couldn't finish his sentence before Ophelia slapped his arm in warning.

"Don't finish that sentence." She burst out laughing at the way Enzo rubbed his arm as if she actually hurt him.