52

𓃗

"Ophelia, come quickly! Catherine will have me killed if she has to wait any longer!" Astraea exclaimed as she rushed into the Queen's study.

The said woman jumped at her Lady's shouting but complied with her request, not without shooting her a heated glare that had the young girl cowering.

"What does the great Catherine de Medici seek this time?" Ophelia questioned sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

Ever since Catherine found out about the baby she has been none stop pestering the married couple about everything from baby names, titles and god parents. Enzo thought his mothers pestering would never end.

"She said something about an important girl arriving in court today." The younger of the two replied as they finally reached the throne room.

"Well, let's not keep her waiting any longer." And with that sentence the guards opened the doors.

𓃗

"Ophelia, my dear!" Catherine greeted once she spotted her favourite daughter-in-law.

The Queen Mother was stood beside two young girls who Ophelia didn't recognise.

Once Ophelia was close, the younger girl dipped into a curtsy, dragging the other along with her. "Your Majesty." She greeted with a fake smile.

"This is my daughter Claude." The blonde placed her hand on the girls shoulder.

"Enzo never mentioned having a sister." Ophelia quickly plastered a smile on her face while sending a confused look to her mother-in-law.

"Yes, my brothers tend to keep me out of conversation topics." Claude spoke with a roll of her eyes. Ophelia smirked in amusement.

Ophelia turned her attention to the older girl who seemed to just glare at her the whole time. "And you are?" She asked, but before the woman could answer someone interrupted.

"Anne?"

All of the women turned to look at Enzo who had just arrived. His jaw went slack the minute he saw the familiar black hair of a women he used to know.

"Oh, Enzo." 'Anne' said, her voice coated with awe and disbelief as she threw herself around the shocked King.

Ophelia blinked in shock at the young woman who clung onto her husband. She couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

"What are you doing here?" Enzo asked Anne once she had finally let go of him.

"Claude thought it was time to return home." Anne said with a bright smile on her face.

Once Anne had mentioned Claude, the curly haired man finally noticed his little sister. "Little sister, I have missed you." He wrapped his arms around the young girl, holding onto her tightly.

Ophelia smiled at the sight as Catherine wrapped her arm around Ophelia's, also looking at her children with joy.

"I believe the return of my little sister calls for a celebration." Enzo announced.

Before anyone else could say anything, a servant arrived with a letter for Ophelia.

"It is from Mary, Queen of Scots, Your Majesty." The servant told the Queen before hurrying off.

The dark haired women looked down at the letter in her hand, it was sealed with a wax stamp with Mary's family crest on it.

"Well, I believe you have a party to plan." Ophelia told her husband before kissing his cheek and walking away, but he caught her arm before she could.

"You aren't helping plan?" It was quite shocking not seeing Ophelia planning an event because she was such a 'control freak' in Enzo's words.

"No. I have plans with my brother." She told him with a smile before walking away.

"No horse riding! I told you it's too dangerous with the baby!" Enzo called out to his wife.

Anne, who had heard the word baby, whipped her head towards the Queen so fast it is a wonder how she didn't break her neck. That was when she finally noticed the bump.

Her heart sank a little but she was still going to cling to that hope that Enzo could love her once again.

𓃗

Dear, friend,

I miss you dearly the longer I stay in Scotland.
I hope you are doing well as is Enzo and your unborn child.
I'm currently in a hard situation and the only person who would know what advice to give me is you.
I have been asked to remarry. I do like this man, he is the only one who has allowed me to feel anything since Francis passed.
But I cannot marry him knowing that England are still after me and my throne. I don't think I could survive another loss, Lia.
I hope you can advise me on what to do and that you will visit soon when you may find time.

All my love, Mary Stuart.

"Oh, Mary, why can't life ever be easy for you." The dark haired beauty sighed sadly to herself.

It didn't come as much of a shock that Mary was expected to remarry despite it being so soon after Francis' death, she did need to provide an heir for the Scottish throne.

"Lia, what took you so long." Charlie complained once he finally caught sight of his sisters tall frame.

"I was busy. Enzo's sister is back." Ophelia explained as she neatly folded Mary's letter back up.

Charlie turned to look at her, confusion written all over his features. "Since when does he have a sister?" He asked.

"I only found out this morning too. Now, what are we up to today." Ophelia smiled, placing her hand on her small bump.

"You'll see soon, sister." The young boy grinned mischievously causing Ophelia to roll her eyes at him.

It was hard not getting to send as much time as she wanted with Charlie. Since getting married, becoming queen and now with a child on the way, it was safe to say the young woman's life was very hectic.

But no matter what she will always be there for her little brother and she knew he would do the same.

Authors Note
Hello my lovelies!

It's a bit of a short chapter which I am sorry for.

Let me know your opinions, please don't be a silent reader!

-K