28

𓃗

"There's something I need to tell you." Mary announced as she walked into Ophelia's chambers while she was writing another letter.

Ophelia placed down her writing equipment and turned to face Mary to give the woman her undivided attention, her ring glittering in the bright sun shining through her window.

"Is everything alright?" The Gold girl asked with furrowed brows.

"Well, it's actually two things, but I don't know if I should really be telling you these things, considering Francis doesn't know about any of it and-" The queens rambling was cut off by Ophelia taking her warm hand into her cold one.

"Breathe."

"Right, sorry" Mary apologised as she took a deep breath.

"Henry is sick. He has gone mad I think. I've tried talking to Francis about it but he doesn't agree." Mary said quietly in fear of someone listening even if they were in a secluded room.

"Oh God." Ophelia whispered in shock, it never ended well when a king goes mad.

"Lola is with child....Francis' child." The queen added with sadness seeping into her voice.

Ophelia's heart dropped for her friend. Had he slept with someone so soon? And Lola her lady? That snaky......whore!

As if reading her mind Mary shook her head, "Before we were married. When Francis returned with Lola, the night before they had slept together."

"He doesn't know, does he?" Ophelia asked, hesitating in case it upset her friend.

Mary once again shook her head.

"I'm sorry Mary." Ophelia whispered as she wrapped the queen in her arms, tears quickly filled Mary's eyes, finally feeling safe enough to breakdown.

𓃗

"Beautiful as always darling." Enzo told his fiancée as he sat beside her outside.

He had been in a better mood since he proposed he was finally content with the thoughts of marriage.

Although he couldn't stop thinking about his father. He could see the emptiness behind his eyes, Thomas noticed it too but kept quiet, afraid to lose his friend.

"Thank you." Ophelia said as she kissed his cheek in thanks.

"What are you writing?" The Valois man asked as the woman tried to hide it away from him.

"Nothing." She said too quickly for his liking.

Instead of replying, Enzo quickly grabbed the paper and stood up.

"Zo!"

"Dear reader, Not addressing it to anyone? I have been thinking more and more about the marriage, my marriage. Awh you think of our wedding?" Enzo teased as he stopped reading, Ophelia snatching the paper away from his hands.

"Hush." Ophelia said as she began to walk away from the man, trying to hide the smile growing on her face.

"Who said you could walk away?" The brown haired man asked as ran up to Ophelia and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her into the air as he twirled them around.

"Enzo!" She laughed. A sound he would never get tired of hearing.

The two played around outside for awhile like children, while some servants, Ladies and Lords looked at them smiling, admiring the love they had for one another.

"Promise me that we never walk away." Enzo asked as the two finally stopped playing around and headed inside.

"I promise." Ophelia didn't know what was going on in his head but she wanted to do anything to reassure him and if this was what he needed she had no problem agreeing to it.

Enzo smiled as she slipped her hands into his, content smiles on both of their faces.

𓃗

"Good day?" Beth asked her daughter as they walked back to the chamber quarters of the castle.

"It was actually." Ophelia stated choosing not to mention the situation with Francis and the king.

Beth smiled at how happy her daughter looked. She smoothed down Ophelia's dark hair as they reached her room.

The blonde leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead like she used to before Thomas 'died'. It made Ophelia's heart warm as she realised her mother was becoming her old self once again.

"I love you Lia." Beth whispered her goodnight as she walked towards her own chambers that she shared with Thomas although her children didn't know that.

𓃗

Ophelia woke up from feeling someone poke her shoulder and whispering name.

The very tired girl turned to look at Charlie who was just about to poke her again, until he noticed her wake up.

"What's wrong?" Her voice still coated with sleep and she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"I had a bad dream." Charlie replied, he couldn't fall back asleep and he always went to his sister when he had a nightmare.

Ophelia didn't reply as she lifted her blanket as a silent command telling him to get in.

Once the boy was settled in her bed, he cuddled up to her, falling asleep almost instantly.

Once hearing his breathing even out Ophelia drifted off back to sleep.

𓃗

The two Gold children were knocked out cold as their parents came into Ophelia's room the next morning.

"Let them rest." Beth whispered to her.....husband? They hadn't really talked about it.

Thomas and Beth stayed for a moment longer, admiring their children's sleeping faces.

The only thing they had to talk to their children about, was their permanent stay in France if Henry was to allow it, which Thomas was sure he would have no issue with.

Their family was finally complete after all these years.

𓃗

Authors Note

Thank you to everyone who has been reading and voting on this, it means the world to me that someone might actually enjoy what I write.

-K