44

𓃗

"What did you need to discuss with my father?" Ophelia asked as her and Enzo stood in the drawing room. Ophelia was getting measured and fitted for a new dress while Enzo wrote some letters and signed whatever documents he had to.

Enzo looked up from his writing to see the tailor move Ophelia's arm out of his way to measure her waist.

"I asked him to be my advisor." Enzo watched as the tailor seemed to taking his sweet time measuring his wife's chest area, but before he could do or say anything, Ophelia had 'accidentally' stood on his foot.

The tailor winced at the pain as the dark haired woman feigned innocence, "Oh, my apologies sir." She placed a pretty smile on her face.

"It's quite alright, your grace." The man looked up with an awkward smile and a light blush on his cheeks before stepping back to write down the measurements and take his leave.

Ophelia rolled her eyes and picked up her night gown and placed it over her head, fixing her hair seeing as it messed up when getting redressed.

"Well, I need to find a new tailor." Enzo spoke up after a moment, scratching his newly grown stubble that Ophelia had actually grown to like the look of.

"What?" Ophelia turned to face the man sitting at the desk with a far away look and a clenched jaw.

He snapped out of his thoughts to meet the eyes he loved so much, "I mean unless you want to be felt up by an old man." He but out bitterly, a scowl twitching in his lips.

Ophelia bit her bottom lip in amusement. "What's so amusing?" Enzo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You're jealous!" She laughed lightly as he scoffed in denial.

"I am not."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"You're jealous!" Ophelia called back before walking towards her bedroom to get some much needed rest.

Enzo watched her walk out of the room with a strange look on his face.

"I'm not jealous." He scoffed quietly to himself before returning to his task.

𓃗

Everyone was dressed in black as they all mourned their king. Francis' funeral was today and many family members from all over the world had gathered to say their goodbyes.

Ophelia was stood next to her parents and Charlie alongside Enzo. She had placed her hand on Charlie's hand in comfort. He had been close to Francis during his time in France.

Mary looked like she hadn't slept in days, which was partially true. The only time the Scottish queen slept was when Ophelia stayed with her, something Enzo wasn't particularly happy with because he struggled to sleep without his wife in the bed.

As the brunette queen walked up to the casket holding her husband a lone tear slid down her cheek. She placed a kiss to the top of the casket and rested her head on it for a second.

Ophelia swallowed a lump that was forming in her throat before feeling Enzo grab onto her hand, for who's comfort? She didn't know.

He led both of them up to where Francis lay to say one last goodbye before he was to be buried.

"Until we meet again, friend." Ophelia sadly smiled at the sleek black box, resting her hand on the top.

She squeezed Enzo's hand in comfort as he also said his farewells before stepping back towards his mother and the Gold family.

The couple took in a deep breath before they placed Francis into the ground, the last time they will see his body.

𓃗

The castle was abnormally quiet. All of the servants thought it would be best to leave the royals to mourn in peace, but as they say, there is no rest for the wicked.

Catherine was up planning. The coronation of her second eldest son, finding her daughter-in-law suitable ladies that she could chose from, setting up Charles' possible marriage, too many other things to count.

She wanted the transition from a normal Lady to queen to be easy and comfortable for Ophelia. She knew Enzo could handle being king, he practically did it for his father when he was ill.

"Ophelia, my dear, thank you for coming I know it's late." The queen mother smiled at the tired looking woman.

"Not a problem, Catherine." Ophelia sat across from the blonde and slumped her shoulders.

"We have a few things to discuss." Catherine began, "First, I have a list of young girls and women who are looking to be your Ladies in waiting."

"Do I have to have those?" Ophelia knew she was a lady in waiting, but she also knew how annoying it seemed to have to deal with their drama. She did enough of that with her own friends, who most had been married off or were leaving France.

"I'm afraid so, dear." Catherine chuckled at the woman's antics.

"Many people will be questioning your ability to be a queen, can you help Enzo rule thing country, take care of our people and of course...." She trailed off awkwardly knowing how it feels to pressured on something you can't control.

"To bear an heir?" Ophelia filled in with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes." Catherine nodded her head. Of course she was hoping for more grandchildren, she already had John, but she felt no connection to the child even if he was all that was left of her eldest son.

"Well, I suppose I won't have trouble in that department." Ophelia muttered before she could stop herself.

Catherine's eyes widened comically and her head snapped up so fast it was a wonder she didn't break her neck.

"Y-you're with child?" She asked hopefully.

Ophelia bit her lip nervously and slightly nodded her head. She hadn't even told Enzo yet and she had accidentally told his mother before him.

"Oh that's wonderful!" Catherine was quick to pull the dark haired woman into her tight embrace.

"Does he know yet?" The blonde knew how nerve wracking it could be to tell your husband that you're expecting especially when their mood swings are all over the place.

"Not yet. No body else knows."

"I was the first to know?" Her heart warmed at the thought of being the first person to know about the new royal heir, even if it by accident.

"Yes." Ophelia smiled at the soft expression on the queen mothers face.

She could only pray to whatever God was out there that Enzo would react similarly to the news.

𓃗