12

𓃗

Something was wrong with Ophelia.

She loved all of the parties, the balls and everything got to do with French Court. But since last night she had been in a strange mood.

"Look at all the guards. As if Colin would ever willingly return...." Lola said as she looked around.

All of the children were playing a game. The girls had to call Charles name and he had to find Madeleine. But Madeleine was very quiet.

"How is Charles supposed to recognise the voice of his true love if she so quiet?" Kenna asked the ladies, and Francis who had shown up and stood behind Ophelia and Mary.

"Charles!"

Ophelia laughed for the first time that day. "Well she's certainly not quiet now."

Henry and Catherine were walking through the crowd when the French king stopped in front of a beautiful woman and kissed her hand.

"Your Majesty."

"Who is the King talking to?" Kenna asked in...jealousy?

"Anyone he likes since he has no use for the Queen, and his mistress, Diane is away." Greer explained to the brown haired girl.

"How do you find all of this out" the Gold girl shook her head in amazement.

𓃗

Mary turned to look at Ophelia. "Are you alright?" she asked quietly.

"Of course I am" Ophelia lied with a fake smile.

"Do you remember this game?" the Scottish Queen asked Francis.

"Charles!"

"Yes. And she's getting irritated with him" the Dauphin told his possible wife.

"Charles!" Madeleine shouted once again.

"He's not listening. He's distracted by this one and that" Mary defended the girls irritation.

"She's impatient. Like somebody else I know....You always were. Never finished a game...never sat through a story" he told Mary.

Mary turned to look at Francis as he said this and a number of emotions washed over her face.

"What is it?"

Mary shook her head at him. "I wish I could be patient. My situation isn't easy." she told the French man.

"I know that. You must feel misled." Ophelia knew she felt unsafe and misled. She was promised protection and now she's had her life threatens on her first night.

"I feel endangered. The boy who attacked me, Colin; He told Lola he was forced by someone in the castle." Mary explained.

"You mean someone French?" Francis said in disbelief.

Mary nodded her head "Highly placed, with the power to threaten him and order him executed."

"Those orders come from my parent."

That's when Ophelia realised what Mary was getting at. This wasn't going to end well.

"When I spoke to your parents, even your father seemed suspicious." the Scot told the future king.

"And my mother?" Francis asked.

There was a pause. It was very uncomfortable.

"Mary...." Ophelia said in a warning tone. Catherine was already didn't like Mary and didn't want her to marry her son. Accusing her of something as serious as this would not end well.