~First and last~

(Major spoiler warning for non light novel readers!!!)

This takes place in the war arc at the floating castle, after Arthur's fathers death.

Characters are aged up to 19-20 for...sfw and nsfw purposes...for all you horny hormonal people.

Please Note!!! This is a fanfic! Therefore, things will be written differently from what happened in the original novel!! Please don't go in my comments saying "that's not what happened" you will be blocked and ignored!!!

BUCKLE UP BUTTERNUTS—ITS GONNA BE A LONG RIDE (might be literal).

Enjoy~

—Arthur's POV—

After talking with gramps, I walked silently through the halls of the floating castle. Not much noise was made, besides my own foot falls and occasional greetings from other residents of the castle. Which weren't many at the moment.

'Arthur?' Sylvie called out to me. She almost sounded hesitant. I could feel how downcast she was through our bond. It almost made me flinch. I didn't want to feel that at the moment.

'Yes?' I replied quietly. Currently, was Sylvie following gramps, wanting to give Tessia and I privacy.

'...I...just call me if you need something okay?' Her voice was gentle with hesitancy. I could tell she wanted to say something else, but I guess she's saving that for later.

'I will, thanks Sylv.' I felt Sylvie's presence fade to the very back of my mind. Still there, but silent and almost unnoticeable.

I stopped in front of the mahogany door which lead into Tess's room. I could hear nothing behind the door, she may have been sleeping or not in the room at all. Taking a deep breath and exhaling, locking away the morbid thoughts plaguing my tired mind, I knocked on the smooth door. Listening to the sound echoing before it fell silent.

"Tess, it's me—can you open up please?" I asked softly, after knocking once more.

It was quiet before I heard shuffling and light footfalls and soon after, the door slowly opened. Behind the door, Tess peaked through the slightly opened door. Her emerald eyes scanned behind me, likely confirming that I was alone. Finally, she backed away, widening the door and allowing me to walk in.

The room was a mess. Like a tornado ripped through here. Broken glass scattered the floor and in a corner, a shattered mirror. Paper thrown about, ink splattered across the floor and staining the white walls. The curtains from her bedroom windows torn and lay under the window.

She walked through the glass barefoot and stood in front of her bed turned away from me, head tilted down. She was silent and unmoving as I stepped towards her. Gunmetal sliver tress flowed in loose waves around her form, bangs shielding her face from me.

Lightly, I swiped her hair back and tilted her head up. She was pale, emerald green eyes dulled and a little red, likely from crying. She looked so lost, helpless almost, and it made my chest ache.

"You should go wash up...you aren't gonna need help with that right?" I smiled slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

Wordlessly, she walked passed me and straight into the connected bathroom, closing the door quietly behind her.