|Next pt.5|

Hiya peeps!

I had a little bit of time to write despite my busy schedule.

My school postponed my graduation to this upcoming week, so yeah.

Hope you all enjoy!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

Mica, Bairon, Varay, Aya and I all stood silently at the sight before us. Kneeling with heads bowed are several Alacryan troops, weapons discarded and completely vulnerable.

This is the third level of the sanctuary, after having defeated the troops on the first, second and fifth floors, both Mica and Aya called the rest of us over, overwhelmed by the sight of several enemy soldiers bowing down in submission. I didn't know what to make of it, wether to think they are either smart or really stupid.

One person stood front and center, body angled in a ninety degree bow. Orange hair tipped with blond flows in small waves to his neck, bangs covering his face from view. He wore something that looked more like a military uniform rather than armor, with a black shirt coupled with a white suit blazer. White slacks accompanied with black military boots.

The others looked between each other, then to me with questioning glances, confused with what to make of this sudden development. I simply shrugged, not understanding what the hell was going on either.

"You all must be confused, so I'll explain simply. My name is Noah Asralic, I as well as the troop you see behind me were sent here by Scythe Seris Vritra. We are stationed here to monitor all the other Alacryan troops, as well as report to her any and everything that takes place here." His voice is relatively soft compared to the severe look on his face. With brown eyes boring hole into my own, I could almost immediately tell he wasn't lying.

'I feel like he's the type to be a horrible liar.' Regis voices within my mind as I study the man before me. Broad shoulders, lean build...he's most likely a caster.

"She sent you here to spy on me, huh?" I scoffed as I watched 'Noah' stiffen. He moves out of his bow and stands straight up like a stick as a chuckle slips from me.

"Scythe Seris? Why would she need to watch you?" Varay looks over at me, face emotionless but her eyes portray her blunt curiosity. Mica bounds over towards the red head, walking a tight circle around him as he stood stiffly, watching the dwarven Lance with keen eyes.

"She watches me because I am a big part of her whole plan apparently. So my whereabouts seems to be important to her." With a monotone voice, I spared a single glance at Noah and his troop that still knelt submissively before turning on my heel and walking back towards the entrance.

"I'll let you stay. But one wrong move from you or any of your fellow soldiers and you all are dead, regardless of what Seris wants." My voice echoes in the silence of the cavern as my back faces them, my Lance colleagues following after as we all walked back down into the tunnels.

"...Are you sure we should leave them?" Aya asks with obvious doubt as she casts a glance over her shoulder at the now moving troop that had finally seemed to relax.

"They know their place. Seris knows me a bit too well, and knows well enough that I'm still cautious of her, despite her saving and helping me. She knows that if I feel even the slightest bit threatened, I'll eliminate her and anyone associated with her. I'm just going to watch them for now and see how things go." With that, silence fell over us as we walked through the tunnels leading back to where we'd originally came from.

Gramps was the first to approach us when we'd finally made it back. Along with Elder Levis with Sylvie and Tess. Both of them immediately rush to me, taking me into a tight embrace. I held them tightly, feeling once again the fleeting pain of sorrow at the loss of Helen.

My mother stood next to Durden not too far away, tears still streaming down her face while she held Angela, who is also still crying. My heart quivers in my chest, yet I held strong. I'll deal with my emotions later. For now I still had work to do.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I could see the crowd disperse as the surviving scouts wonder away with sullen faces. Everyone here knew and respected Hellen. Madam Asteria had become good friends with the archer, spending most of their time together sharing stories over drinks.

Looking at her now, she seemed to be devoid of any and all emotion.

Her eyes almost looked dead. Had it not for me seeing her chest rising and falling with every breath she took, I would've thought she was a standing corpse.

Sylvie and Tess finally release me, eyes red from their own tears that had dried by now.

"Let's go debrief, then you all can rest." Gramps calls out and brings me out of my thoughts once more. We simply nod, staying silent for the most part as I break away from Sylvie and Tess, walking along behind Gramps. My aura seemed to dampen the atmosphere around me as I walked, for once the symphony that was usually so light is now completely silent.

__________**********__________

HECKIN SHORT!!

Eh, it was the best I could do for now🤷🏾‍♀️

Anyway, today was pretty eventful
(I wrote this while I was in my schools bathroom lol)

Anywhore, thanks for reading!

See ya!
(933 words)