|Coming Back To You|

Completely random, I know.

It's just that I've missed a lot of updates and I want to make it up to you guys.

Hope you enjoy this update!

⚠️ Warning⚠️
-NSFW!!
-Raunchy stuff~

ONWARDS!!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

I stood silently in front of the room Tess and I called ours. While every fiber in my being was telling me to just go in, I couldn't bring myself to do so. Fearing what would inevitably take place.

It's already been nearly two weeks since we really sat down and talked, let alone been in each others company for more than a few hours. She'd only let me see our twins, never really talking or even asking questions like I'd expected her to.

Distant. That's what she's been.

Before I could move away, the door to the room had suddenly opened, and Tess stood directly on the other side. She jolts, eyes widening before she quickly calms herself.

"You startled me." Her voice was low, eyes catching mine as we stood for a moment in silence. My heart started racing as I opened my mouth, wanting to say something, yet nothing came. Seeing me struggle with myself, she simply takes a hold of my wrist and pulls me into the dimmed room. As I looked around, the room looked bigger.

A lot bigger than before. Now having a resting area off to the center of the room with two couches and a coffee table set in between the couches. To the far wall, past the resting area are two more doors.

"The house looks bigger right? Elder Levis did this to accommodate to everyone here. So he added space to all the rooms and included a room connected to ours for the twins." She murmured as we came to sit down across from each other in the resting area.

"Tess—"

"I wish you had told me sooner." She abruptly cut me off. I couldn't bring myself to look at her directly, so instead, I kept my eyes lowered. It fell silent again as I mull over her words, feeling a harsh pang in my chest.

"...I'm sorry." Was all I could think to say. A moment later, I heard her huff and movement. My eyes widened for what felt like the hundredth time today as I felt her hands rest on my cheeks, tilted my head up to look at her. She is now sitting in front of me, on the coffee table.

"I feel like you didn't trust me enough. I get why, I mean after what happened with your parents...I know what they said hurt you.." She trails off as I stay silent. I don't know what kind of face I was making, but it prompted her to lean forward and lay a kiss in the space between my brows.

"I knew there was more to you than what met the eye, I just didn't imagine it would be what you told me. It was...a lot. I mean...it explained everything. How you're so good at everything you do, but you absolutely freaking suck when it comes to anything remotely emotional." She giggles. My throat constricted, and the pain I felt in my chest was starting to dull as she continued on.

"I was mostly mad at you because we've known each other for so long...and it takes both of us nearly dying and having kids for you to trust me enough to tell me. I wanted to pummel you half to hell for the majority of the time you gave me...then Alice, Rinia and even Ellie came to talk to me. I already knew I would still love you. That won't change. I just hated that it took this long." Tess sighs as she moves to sit on my lap, thighs at either side of my hips.