|Forgiving|

Ah yes. The return of the one and only!

Burakku is here!

Hehe, Almight's got nothing on me!

Anywhore, ONWARDS!!

__________**********__________

|Third person POV|

The atmosphere of the sanctuary was set abuzz with the apprehension of incoming calamity. Everyone felt it. It sent vibrations in the walls and filled the air with fear. A warning for what was to come, yet no one knew when the time for the next battle would come. No one knew if they would survive long enough to even tell stories about it. No one knew if they would make it out alive to see the end of the war. Or quite possibly, the ending of their world. Yet everyone knew that it would shake this world to its very core. Arthur for one, was the most apprehensive. As he stood in the kitchen with his family and friends, his eyes wondered over the scene, imprinting the picture perfect memory into his mind.

"Cecilia." He called out, almost unheard over the banter of his family. Though, Cecilia heard him loud and clear as she turned to him. The smile on her face slowly disappearing as she gazed at the serious expression on her best friends face. Quietly, she walks over to him, going unnoticed by the others within the large kitchen as she made her way over to him. Stopping directly in front of him.

"It's time." Was all he needed to say in order for her to understand what he wanted. As they walked out of the kitchen, Arthur sent a mental message to both Sylvie and Regis about where he was going, and what he was about to do. Asking them to keep quiet about it until he came back.

With that, they both left the cozy house. Walking in silence through the sanctuary and into the many tunnels that led into numerous caverns. Glowing crystals highlighted the path they were taking, lighting up the tunnels in multicolored dim light. Cecilia knew what the situation would be, and she knew why Arthur wanted her help in the current endeavor. Belatedly realizing that the reason why they were traveling so deep into the tunnels is because a battle between two former best friends might take place, and she would be mediator between the two souls.

Finally, the two arrived at a lone cavern, far off from the rest. Completely untouched and unbothered for no other soul knew of the place. The cavern itself was infested with aetheric crystals that gave life and structure to the entire sanctuary itself. Pulsing with power and life, the crystals thrummed and glowed in pulsing waves, sounding much like a subtle heartbeat. Ancient runes glowing on the walls, floor and ceiling. Making the place look even more fanciful than it already was.

Coming to a stop in the middle of the cavern, surrounded with glistening arches of amethyst crystals, the reincarnated took a breath.

"...Can you really do it?" Cecilia's voice was tender with a low tremor. She above anyone else felt the situation to be unreal. She saw how brutal Arthur was to her love. While she did want to hate him for it, she also understood why he was so wrathful. After all, taking small innocent lives in place of the one life that couldn't be taken was in of itself, evil. So sadistically evil that she herself couldn't accept that her fiancé had done something so cruel.

"I can. Step back, I don't want you getting caught in the spell." Arthur hums as his aura starts to flare in calming waves. Like the waves tumbling against a beach shore front, amethyst light pours from him, reaching out and spreading throughout the room. An archaic hum resounding around them in different pitches sounding of both life and death, while he stood with a lax form and eyes closed.