|Next pt.3|

Heyooo!

Welcome back guys!!

Soooo...next week I'm picking out my cap and gown!

I'm soooo stoked to be graduating and attending a university!!!
HOLY. SHIT.

When I start my life at uni, udates may be a bit less frequent. Every other Saturday most likely :(

But until then, enjoy!

ONWARDS!!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

My blood ran cold as Hellen fell limp in my hold, her blood soaking into my shirt from the traumatic injury to the side of her head. The voices around me fell silent to my ears despite the many noises of soldiers.

I held her tighter in my arms, feeling her body starting to run cold. Yet something was wrong with me. I was shaking, my limbs trembled uncontrollably as my vision blurred. The blood staining my hands is warm against my skin and it sickened me to no end.

A soft greenish blue hue envelopes me as I trigger my rune of vivum, aether rushing about through the channels within me before flowing out of my pores in a gentle mist. A deep hum reverberates around me in different pitches as the aether settles to do its work, heeding my unconscious call and following my will to heal.

My breath caught in my throat painfully as the tiny particles of aether rebounded away from Hellen, the shimmering, glowing mists flickering light brought dread to my mind and body. It wasn't until It'd faded away completely that I'd realized I have failed to heal her.

Holding back tears, I shakily rose my right hand above her body, my rune of aevum awakening as an arch of runestic writing forms a circle below my hand. I twist my wrist counterclockwise, trying with all my might to return time to the woman who I thought of as my Aunt.

Yet the runes wouldn't budge.

Refusing to move and stay stagnant in the air before completely dispelling.

No.

No.

Nononono.

Please.

"Stop, Arthur." A deep voice resonates around the cavern as my attention turns to an albino stag, standing tall in all its glory.

The same stag I saw with the goddess.

It's eyes lower to look at the woman who I held so tightly in my hold. Somehow, it's face contorted into one of deep sorrow as it's attention turns back to me. Everything fell completely silent as we all stare on.

"There are those who were not meant to die in this war, and those who have met there time. A time that cannot be changed or damaged. Arthur, her time is now upon her." His words shook me to my core. A deep, winding ache rockets through my body as I tried yet again to heal her. Watching the aetheric particles fade without so much as touching her.

"Please..." Was all I could choke out as a tough ball forms in my throat, dread setting in with my tears finally falling.

"Even Gods know that everyone cannot be saved. You are but one person, Arthur Leywin." His voice is low with sympathy, a solemn atmosphere befalling us as the stag nears me with silent footfalls. He nudges my face with his snout, before tilting his head down, nuzzling Hellens injured head.

"Only those whose time still ticks along can be saved. Only those whose time isn't yet written out, yet is forced upon them, can be saved. For others, death is their cradle, and life is but a somber lullaby." A white light envelopes Hellens limp body in my grasp as her form starts to flake away, the same feeling I'd felt before when I pushed Sylvie and Tess through the portal overwhelms me as a sob ribs itself from my aching chest.

"You are not yet ready for the knowledge over fate that you seek."

Hellens body no longer held any weight. She wasn't within my hold anymore. Memories of her flashed through my mind like lightning as sound returns to my ears, only to hear the wails of someone behind me.

As I turn, I'm met with my mother, Angela and Durden. My body shutters under the weight of their cries, my sister standing not to far off with widened, tearful chocolate eyes. My heart stammers in the confines of my chest, clenching and aching agonizingly.

Yet before I could react, warm arms wrap around my neck, holding tightly. Pale skin and gunmetal hair came into view, soft whispers spoken through shaky breaths that I somehow could comprehend. My head fell to her shoulders, tears staining her shirt as my body shook with every silent sob. My hands clenched tightly into fabric as the weight of my burdens collapse on top of me.

Yet, despite the pain I felt...

My blood boiled.

Without a sing word spoken, I stood up, pulling myself away from the mother of my children as I storm towards the open tunnels. I could hear the shouts of my comrades as the follow me to the entrance, along with Virions words of warning. I let the Lances follow as we entered the tunnels.

"Arthur, wait!!"

Before he could come any closer, I turn back to face him. Void of any emotion, deep, dark and foreboding symphonies reverberating around my being.

"Keep. Away." My voice didn't sound like my own, multiple tones overlapping as if more than one soul resides inside me. Virion stares at me with wide eyes and my intent leaks from me, trickling out in a steady stream as hatred burns away any restraint or mercy I had for the enemies that awaits in those tunnels.

Aether seeps away from me once more as a barrier forms over the entrances of all the tunnels connecting to this part of the sanctuary. Effectively blocking any of them from being able to leave or worse; an enemy from getting to them. Shock reflects in his eyes as he stares at me with what I could only assume was understanding.

"Make them pay." Was all he said and all I needed to hear before turning away and joining the others at the end of the tunnel.

"Leave the alacryan bastard that killed Hellen to me. The rest of you, stick to the original plan." My multi-toned voice echoes as the other gave a sharp nod, not daring once to speak as we made our away deeper into the dark silence of the tunnels.

__________**********__________

I know, really fucken short.

But anywhore; CLIFFHANGERRRR

Hehehehe yeah I know I'm evil, I can't help it.

See ya!
(1,083 words)