~First and last pt.2~

(A/N): This is taking place when Arthur went to save Tessia from getting taken by Nico. This is the "Sanctuary" arc.

-Angst-

Enjoy~

—Arthur's POV—

The pocket dimension I'd created started to
waver, as I constructed the portal leading back to the sanctuary.

"Asteria...go." I uttered. My body trembled in pain, my eyes shut tight. I could hear her and Nyphia's footfalls before they disappeared as they headed through the portal.

"..Art..." a small voice at my side quivered. I felt the soft touch of Tessia's hand against my cheeks, wiping away what I thought were tears, but instead is blood. My blood.

I smiled at her whilst pulling her into one last hug. Though I paused. Something was wrong.

Her mana was fluctuating abnormally.

I slowly placed my hand on her stomach, as another pulse of mana fluctuates.

'Don't tell me..' Sylvie whispered in my head as she covered her mouth with her hands. Tears spilled past her closed eyelids.

Without warning, I pulled backwards grabbing Sylvie before she could react and pushed them towards the portal. I willed the dimension to shift, pushing them further towards the glistening portal.

"Take care of our kid Tess..." smiling at her as tears streamed down my face. I watched her eyes widen as she reached out to me, screaming out my name. Sylvie fell back into the portal, Tessia falling in with her.

Before I could succumb fully to the darkness taking over my consciousness, a portal opened beneath me as I felt myself falling. I didn't have the energy to panic, as pain ripped throughout my falling body.

'I'm sorry Tess...' was the last thing running through my aching mind as I fell into the void of inevitable death once again...

___**************___

—Tessia's POV—

My body hit the ground only moments after Arthur pushed me through the portal.

Arthur.

I looked up at the unstable portal before getting up and rushing back over to it. Strong arms and firm hands gripped onto me, stopping me in my tracks as I watched the portal shut.

"NO! Let go of me, let go!!!" I struggled against the arms around me, pushing them even though they didn't budge.

"Sylvie?? Sylv—!" My search was cut short as I looked to the right.

Just behind me, Sylvie was kneeling. Her eyes wide and face contorted into horror as she stared at where the portal had once been. She was trembling, golden eyes watering with unshed tears. Multiple footfalls were heard behind us as they approach hastily.

"TESSIA!" My grandfather called out as he knelt in front of me. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything. I felt like the world was crumbling, my heart ached and shattered.