|Forgiving pt.2|

Annndddd your queen is back!!

Hello chicken nuggets! Hope you all have or had a good day!

Because this chapter is quite entertaining yet a little angsty.

Anywhore, ONWARDS!!!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

The three of us walked on in silence, with Nico holding Cecilia's hand tightly. He looked as if to be in a trance of some sort. His dark eyes glazed over and face completely unreadable. The cavern we'd left not too long ago still pulsed with aether rhythmically and could be felt even from this distance. Neither of the two had spoken a word since we left, all of us consumed by our thoughts and replaying memories from a time long before this one. One that brought back so much guilt, pain and anguish. But for me...loneliness.

Yet that's not all I'd felt at the moment.

Never is my life had I been so nervous. With Nico finally materializing back into the physical world, I feared how the others would react. Namely, Tessia and gramps. Let alone Sylvie and my mother. All four having been there when Nico kidnapped Tess and only days later seen her condition and the daunting sight of our dead twins.

To that extent, even I most of all couldn't forgive him for that. And I know that even if I wanted to retain some semblance of a friendship with him, there would be a strain between us. A wall that would be the blockade between him and I. Though, I understood his rage, his anguish. And like me, he resorted to a sick form a revenge, even if it was greatly influenced by Agrona and his mind games. So even then, it wasn't entirely his fault.

That bastard Agrona manipulated his memories as he did Cecilia, making me out to be the antagonist in all of this. Bet that horned bastard didn't expect me to be able to undo his handy work on the minds of the two people that were forced to followed me into this new life.

Slowly, I'm pulled from my thoughts as the house comes into view. Luckily for some reason or another, there weren't many, if any people outside today. As we approached the house, I stopped and turned to my two companions with a light sigh.

"First off, let Cecilia and I do the talking, Nico. Everyone will be at your throat in an instant because of what you did." I stated calmly, while Nico gave a curt nod in understanding. His hands trembled lightly, and as if sensing his apprehension, Cecil took hold of his hand. The corners of her lips lift into a sad smile as she gives him a reassuring nod. With a steady breath, his eyes settle on me. Turning back around, I quickly open the door and walk inside.

Almost immediately, a wheat blond blur slams into me full tilt as a playful giggle resounds in my ears. Catching her with ease, I let Sylvie wrap herself around me like the koalas in my previous world.

"I was only gone for an hour-"

"I always expect the worst when you leave. Ya know...? To keep my sanity." She mutters into my shirt before she leans away to peer up and the incredulous expression plastered on my face. "Don't look at me like that. You know it's true...and I'm right. What the hell is he doing here?" Her sudden change in demeanor was expected, but still startling as her face contorted into one of complete and utter hatred. Her once rounded pupils now narrowly slitted.