|A r c a n e|

Hiya my beautiful readers!!
Omg I'm like, literally so happy with this chapter!

Gonna give you guys some spiritual relief with this one lol.

Anywho, onwards and enjoy!

_______**********_______

|Arthurs POV|

I pulled Tess up to her feet, smiling gently at her, who looked so tired yet relieved. As she stood, she turned, burrowing her head in my chest. Wrapping my arms around her, I looked up at everyone else.

"Sorry, hi guys." They simply smiled, replying with nods. Feyrith, who stood in a corner, looked away from me. He kept his head lowered, as if ashamed or...guilty?

"So you are the lost pinnacle of power? It seems you won't rest until this war is over." The mysterious older man said as he observed me. His left eyebrow lifted as I nodded slowly. He stood with his hands behind his back, nonchalantly but I could feel that he was a pinnacle of power himself, albeit peaceful.

"While I thank you for helping the Dicathians that made it down here, I'd like to know who you are." To that, the room went silent as he regarded me with a nod of understanding. Everyone seated themselves while I walked Tess back to her chair. She sat down gingerly turning to the table as I stood behind her.

"Yes, to start, I am what your people have labeled as an "ancient mage." My name is Levis Caelestis of the Caelestis clan. A clan of mages that thrived in the edicts of vivum; life and light creation." He says as he conjures an orb of aether in the palm of his hand. I watched as the orb of lavender aether slowly turned white, before it slowly started to branch out. The branches elongated as the space around it warped and small buds of gold sprouted from its branches until he held a small aetheric tree in the palm of his hand. It melted down into his hand as he channels it into his arm, where runes glowed in electric blue and white hues. It slowly faded as he pulls the aether back into his core, which I couldn't even feel at the moment.

The atmosphere within the room changed into a more peaceful, tranquil aura as his gaze levels my own. He wasn't manipulating the aether at all, it wasn't being forced into shape. It simply molded itself into being, like it had its own consciousness. It didn't heed his call, the aether itself simply flowed with his will.

Like it molds and morphs to accommodate to his will. It was mesmerizing.

"Before my clan was completely wiped out, this place was made for the cultivation of my people. The earth had already set the ground work with the many tunnels and caverns, not to mention the abundance of aether. This was the place for the young ones of my clan to learn and cultivate their abilities." He stated as his orange eyes closed.

"I only survived because my brother sacrificed himself in a foolish attempt to fight back against the Asuras. At the time, even though we had the power and insight to fight, we ancient mages never used our capabilities to cause harm. The Asuras saw us all as a threat to their rein of power, and thus, decimated our lands, killed the young and tortured the old in an attempt to make us reveal how we utilized aether in the way we did." Levis continues. Grim expressions washed over everyone as they sat silently, listening intently to the old man whose voice held a quiet somber timbre.

"They took kin from from my clan as hostages, as well as kinsmen of other clans back to "Ephoetus". My brother was taken. And it was there, these hostages were killed under the command of Kezess Indrath. He ordered the total annihilation of every single one of us when he didn't get the results he wanted." His voice wavered with silent anger, fists clenched at his sides yet he didn't tremble. Even though no one else seemed to feel his fury, I did. The steady fluctuations of the aether within the room. The purple specks seemed to tremble in response to his anger.