|Next pt.2|

Welcome back guys!

Guess what?
I'm in the out now!!

But I have to quarantine :(

But I'm back at it again with another chapter for my precious readers!

Anywhore, ONWARDS!!!

__________**********__________

|Hellen's POV|

"Alright everyone, stay on guard." I announced as my team moved farther into the tunnels.

It is dark, with the only light being from the lighting artifacts that Gideon was able to make to aid us. The sounds of multiple quieted footfalls echoed around us that was the only sound we could hear.

The tunnels wound and bend as we took several turns, already having an image of the tunnels mapped out in our minds. The atmosphere is tense, and I could tell my squad was getting nervous.

Yet, so was I.

I know the Commander gave us a time limit to how long each squad had to scout and come back to report, but that didn't guarantee the safety of those who were chosen to go. Many of the scouts refused to go, too shaken from the last attack to gather enough courage to go. I understood why they protested, but that didn't give them the right to cower behind the strong when every single last person here was in danger.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw the mouth of the tunnel ahead, meaning we've reached our destination. I held a closed fist up, stopping my squad from advancing as I turn to them. They all crouched, silently waiting for a game plan.

"We will split into five groups of three. Each group will take a different tunnel. Stick together, do not be seen, do not be heard. You all have thirty minutes to be out there, if your not back here in time, I will assume you've either been captured or killed and report back to the commander. Activate the masking artifacts, group up and get going." I said in a low voice. The men and women before me nod sharply as the stood and started grouping up.

An elven woman, Winter I believe her name is, walks over to me and stands at my side. With platinum colored hair, grey unseeing eyes and pale skin, she looked like a ghost in the dim glow of the lighting artifact. From what I know, she's a light orange core sound deviant. Her ability to manipulate and enhance sound is borderline extraordinary, that and coupled with the fact that she's been a scout for the Dicathen army since the war started makes her an invaluable asset.

Next to walk over to me is a man, younger than myself and Winter. Gale stood tall in front of me, giving a stiff nod. He is a dark yellow core wind augmenter, his known agility and feather light steps giving him the nickname 'reaper' through the war. He'd been one of the best scouts, him becoming one of the floating castles informants, bringing back valuable information as a scout.

Both of them were nothing to scoff at, because if they catch you off guard, you are as good as dead.

With everyone in their groups, we quickly drew out a map in the soft dirt path we are on, choosing what tunnels we'd go into and what spaces they opened up into, in order to scout. With everyone on edge, decisions were made quick and just like that, we all split off.