|Mission pt.2|

Hello readers!

So if you got my notification from my message board, then you know I have Covid.

For now, I'm being monitored in the hospital. Though, it's not as bad as it seems I think.

But anywhore,

ONWARDS!!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

Regis skids to a halt beside me, both of us staring up at the monster-like behemoth that was quickly approaching, despite taking damaging blows from the Ausuras. It's muzzle crinkled as it pulled back into a deep snarl, showing sharp, jagged, blood stained teeth. It's armor plate like scales shifted as the Ausura's attacks simply seemed to bounce off of it.

I didn't move an inch as it came well within a foot of me. Lifting my right arm, the impact of its head colliding with my hand created a forceful shock wave of energy that raced about, pushing everything away. It's long body coiled, the speed it used to try to harm me, backfired drastically.

While I did feel a slight ache in my hand and arm from the explosive impact, it didn't affect me too much. A loud, booming growl erupts from it as it shakes its head, opening its jaw and before I could react, it snaps just around my arm, effectively dismembering me. This drew the attention of everyone else as it opened its maw once more.

Though, before it could attack once again, my form flickers out of view as aetheric pathways carry me to the space above its head. Using the full force of my descent, my feet crashed into its giant head, a few of it's obsidian horns cracking or shattering all together. Another roar escaped it as its head plummeted to the ground, shaking the earth beneath it.

A large and wide crater forms as I hop away from it, now standing only a few feet to the left of it. It shakes its beastly head, glowing eyes narrowing in on me. Yet, as I look closely, those eyes held a deep form of intelligence. A blazing inferno of hatred and pain. Instead of moving, it simply lie there letting out a low groan.

The Asuras here stood close by, simply watch both the beast and I. For some reason, I felt compelled to it. A sense of hurt dwelling within my chest as it continues to stare, almost as if it had given up. It's eyes seemed to soften, calming yet still burning with wrathful hatred. Somehow, I felt like those emotions weren't meant for me.

It almost seemed...human.

"Kezess. What did you do?" Without looking at him, I could feel his presence just behind me, nearest the large doors leading into the castle. It fell silent as I waited for his response. No one mentioned the utter disrespect in the way I said his name, their full attention on the now complacent beast that let out a boisterous growl of contempt. It's eyes now directed at Kezess, the skin of its muzzle lifting once more to a snarl.

Without a second thought, I slowly walk up to it, careful not to startle it into taking action against me. Regis stays back, watching the beast with curiosity. He must've picked up on what I had felt, what I am still feeling. Not a word is spoken as I stood before the monstrosity, laying a hand on its snout.

With a deep breath, I let my mind travel into the beast as flashes of its foggy memories passed through me.

A little girl, no more than twelve, strapped down to a medical table. Shadows shifting, noises of people clad in white could be heard, yet not understood.