|Omnipotence, The True God|

Welcome back guys!!

I'm glad you all loved the last two chapters, I really enjoyed your comments🥰

Btw, that song up top is the song I listened to while righting this chapter, (give it a listen if you want!!)

Anywhore, let's get into it!!

ONWARDS!!!

________********________

|Arthur's POV|

The world around me seemed to pull itself towards me as I godstepped far away, now in a vast forest. My nerves settle within me, any adrenaline I felt washed away from me and left me cold and tired, yet calm all the same. Cecilia lay limply in my hold, her breath evening out.

I came to a stop when I approached a lone cabin with a man I hadn't seen in weeks. He was standing in the doorway of said cabin, a bottle of what I could only assume was liquor held in one hand.

"About time you got here, pretty boy." He said as he eyed me with amusement as well as a hint of awe.

"I apologize for being late, uncle." I mocked as a smile slowly spread across my face at the man I'd come to like. He chuckles, shaking his head at my mockery.

"That was one hellova show you put on, kid. I mean, killin' two Scythes? Takin' our high sovereigns arm n' holdin' it like a trophy? If I ain't know any better, I'd assume I'd partnered up with a god." He laughs as he takes a swig of the contents in the bottle. He walks down from the doorway, off the porch and towards me.

"So, princess kidnapped a princess? You really are a rebel." At his words, I chuckle while Regis jumps out from my back. He shakes out his mane, looking slightly smaller than before. Though, the horns erecting from his head looked even longer.

"You gotta get out of here, Aleric. Anyone with any kind of connection to me will most likely be taken, and only god knows what they will do to you to get answers." I said as I watched Aleric bend down to pet Regis before standing up, his eyes locking on me as he nodded.

"Yeah yeah, I know pretty boy. Jus' remember, you still owe me." He said as I created a portal for him. He stares wide eyed at my creation, pointing at it before turning to me. I nod at his silent question, motioning for him to go through it.

"This thing better not kill me, kid." He sighs uneasily as he makes his way to the portal that leads to a house far off from human civilization within Alacrya. The same place the Denoirs, as well as Darrin Ordin and his family will reside for the time being. They've all helped me without even knowing anything about me. They trust me and for that, I will protect them just as much as they've protected me.

As he enters and walks out of sight, I close the portal as quickly as I had formed it, aetheric runes dispersing in an amethyst flash. Regis looks up at me with a serious gaze, nodding at me as I godstep once more, heading eastward nearest the coast, deeper into the forest.

After a few minutes, I came to a halt. Searching for the cave Regis had shown me through our mental link. I didn't have to search for long, after nearly falling through the vines and undergrowth that provided cover for the cave. I walk through the vines, climbing over rocks and foliage as I make my way into the cave. Once I was a good distance away from the entrance, I cast a barrier spell, blocking off the hidden entrance. The barrier shimmers before turning clear, almost completely unnoticeable....at least to me.