|Victoriad|

Alright peeps!

Back to the story~

Also, biiiiggg Time skip in effect!!

Also, heavy spoiler warning to those who haven't read the novel...

Then again, this entire book is kind of a spoiler lol

~Enjoy~

________**********________

|Arthur's POV|

I watched my students closely as the Victoriad started. They all seemed to be mostly fine, aside from both Seth and Mayla having the most worrisome injuries during their battles. The Victoriad lasts for about a total of three entire days, today being day three.

The day I was looking forward to the most.

I stood among my students, who looked down at the arena's field in awe and anticipation. They Scythes gathered and watched in their own given booth, situated at the center wall of the coliseum that over looked the entirety of the arena below. The amount of people doubled the amount that was here on the first and second day.

It left a sour taste in my mouth.

The start of the Victoriad sickened me to no end as I watched my fellow Dicathian brethren get needlessly and mercilessly slaughtered, chains connecting them together and keeping them from being able to fight for their lives.

Their right to live. To be free.

It took everything within my being to keep myself from revealing my presence too early. Guilt ate away at me with a ravenous hunger, as their screams echoed in my mind. It made bile slowly rise up my throat, it reminded me why I was doing all of this in the first place. I still had a job to do, and no matter how much I wanted to intervene, I couldn't risk it.

Especially with what is to happen today.

Before I could fall deeper into my thoughts, I felt my students around me falter as a familiar presence made its way into the private room given to us by one of my student's parents. As the class around me fell to their hands and knees with their heads tucked to their chests, I turned to see Scythe Seris walking into the room with a casual grace. Behind her was Caera, who stood at the door as she looked at me apologeticly.

"Professor Grey."

"I suppose you want to discuss something with me again?" I said with a raised brow. She's already called for me on the first day of the Victoriad, discussing what our next moves would be.

She wants me to fight. And I will, just not who she wants me to fight. I was beyond being subtle at this point, and I mostly have everything I needed from Alacrya, the mission given to me by Sylvia being far from over, but as I made progress in the relictombs, my job in Alacrya would soon come to an end.

"You are being unpredictable. It would be within your best interest to tell me what you are doing." She said lightly, but her eyes convey how restless she was starting to get. I am being cooperative, just not to the extent that she was hoping for. I looked at her deadpanned as I leaned against the rail that separates the room from the glass panes.