|Mission|

Welcome back everyone!

A friend of mine, a bit older than me (by 7 years) has decided to help me write this chapter!

Shhhh...he's a bit self conscious of his age...hehe...and I'm 19.

You all do the math.

Anywhore—ONWARDS YOU PLEBEIANS!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

The moment I opened my eyes, I was met with decimated land. The air around me felt thick, lifeless. While the slow roll of grey mist around me obscured my vision. I sat up, the cold air I inhaled rattled in my chest like deaths call, and as I sat up all I saw was the destruction I'd caused.

The misty fog, even though it obscured my line of sight, it didn't block the bodies littering the cold, hard and lifeless ground around me. My heart hammered in my chest, clenching with the memories of my failures. While I stood on shaking legs that could barely hold my weight, my people lay dead.

Unmoving.

Dull.

Devoid of any kind of sign of life.

I fell to my knees, eyes wide as I continued to gaze out at the wasteland I called home. My hands buried in my hair, pulling, ripping and clutching.

I felt bile rise up my throat, leaning over to release it, my throat burned as I choked and coughed.

Blood. My blood.

Thick and pooling on the ground.

My entire body ached, screaming for me to lie down and stay down. Hoping for the comfort of relaxation.

No. I had no right.

Suddenly, in my peripheral vision, a silver glimmer flashed. Turning my full attention to it, I felt like my heart would burst. Dread washed over me as I tried to call out to her, yet my voice is non existent.

I tried to move, but chains rip from the ground and ensnared me. Locking me in my position, constricting around me and pulling me down. Another glimmer. More and more.

I tried to move. To shake away the chains that wrapped around my body like a snake would to it's prey, yet I couldn't move at all. I felt paralyzed. My eyes darted around as the fog cleared. Showing the full extent of the cacophony of bodies around me.

My friends, and the people I'd met throughout this war, all dead lying in a pool of their own blood. Some missing limbs or whole half's of their bodies.

Yet, what should've killed me, only laughed as the harbinger of aphorism revealed what I was fight for this entire time.

Tessia.

Sylvie.

Ellie.