|Next|

I'm writing this in the bathroom lol

You'd think I'm addicted to writing or something....

Update, my flu-like symptoms are gone!! Now it's just covid lol.

Although I'm still on bed rest as per the doctors orders, I'm feeling a lot better.

Anywhore, ONWARDS!!!

__________*********__________

|Third Person POV|

Arthur's eyes start to flutter as he awakens from his sleep. Somehow, even though his body wasn't exactly fully human anymore and didn't really need food or rest, he found himself still getting tired.

For the most part it is silent, a peaceful atmosphere surrounding him in a tranquil resonance. He turns to his side, finding a silver haired Tess lying next to him, curled into herself in comfort with her head now pressing against his chest from the close proximity. Arthur couldn't suppress the smile that inched it's way onto his face. For many months that felt like years, he'd missed the sight of a calm, slumbering, Tess. Her ears would randomly twitch in her sleep, face completely lax.

He couldn't help but silently chuckling at the small stream of drool dripping from the corner  of  Tessia's mouth, which was slightly parted, taking in rhythmic breaths. Leaving a gentle kiss of her forehead, Arthur slowly rose from his space on the bed, making sure not to move too much that it wakes the slumbering Tess.

After washing up and checking on his infants, who slept silently on their stomachs, he leaves the room with a flash of purple lightning. He then finds himself outside of the house, startling the few people that was up and walking around. Greetings were given as he walks on, returning those careful and sincere greetings and smiles.

It didn't take long to get to the center of the small town, the grey building in front of him standing tall. The two guards on duty solutes respectably as he walks past. Arthur could hear voices as he walked down the hall, coming up to the door of the conference room. Opening the door, he was greeted with eyes boring holes into him, their bickering coming to a halt.

"Nice of you to show up, brat. Now don't just stand there, we need to make preparations." Gramps called out as he walk in, taking a seat in an empty chair at the rectangular table.

"What was all the bickering about?" He asked as everyone calmed down and took their seats once more, Arthur's tranquil aetheric presence acting as a cool breeze that silenced the negative atmosphere.

"We sent scouts up into the levels above. Even with the protective measures and traps placed strategically on every level above us, the alacryans are starting to get closer and closer to finding the lower levels." Varay says with narrowed eyes glaring down at the table, her hands clenched into tight fists.

"That's not all. Apparently, one of our squads were taken out completely by a single person. Based on what a survivor told us, it didn't seem to be a retainer or Scythe, but that the soldier was simply that strong. He was last seen just a level above this one." Virion said through clenched teeth. Arthur's eyes widened as he took in all of the new information. It had only been a day since the last squad was sent out, so that could only mean that the survivor of that same squad came back mere hours ago.