|Victoriad pt.5|

Back at it again!!

This time, completely sober...

I loved the predictions in the last chapter!

Anywhore, let's get into it

ONWARDS!!!

________********________

|Arthur's POV|

"You killed him." Cecilia's voice wavers as she stepped closer to the cage she'd constructed to contain me. A cold glare settled on her face as her eyes begin to water with unshed tears.

"You couldn't let us be, could you? In this life and our last, you just had to kill us." Her cold tone sent a shiver down my spine. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Agrona tilt his head to the side with a smirk.

She's here.

She's actually here.

She looked exactly as I remembered. Bleach blond strands of hair intertwining in a sea of brown. Grey, almond shaped eyes boring into mine with malice. She looks the same. My blood ran cold at her words, Agrona must've done something to her. Toyed with her mind as he did Nico's.

"I had too. I had no choice." My voice wavers as I stood staring at the girl who used to be my best friend growing up. The same girl that struggled with her own powers, the girl that called my name with so much warmth. The same girl I'd rejected because I knew Nico loved her despite my own feelings....feelings I no longer had. Her glare hardens as she throws her hand forward, a mana made, spiked harpoon instantly forming into existence.

Pain erupts from my body as my blood splashes to the ground below. Looking down, the harpoon pierced straight through my torso, slicing through muscle, nerves, organs and spine, the head of the harpoon exiting my back. I stumbled backward in the cage from the force as my vision tunnels, everything around me blurring but the form of Cecilia. She yanked the string of mana that was welded into the base of the harpoon, forcing me forward until I slammed into the bars of the cage. My hands grabbing at the bars before me as I winced, trying to pull away.

"You had a choice, he surrendered. He stopped fighting back. He gave up and you kept repeatedly. killing. him." Cecilia glares at me as she pulls on the string yet again, ripping the harpoon out of me as I grimaced at the pain surging through me.

I fell to my knees, hands releasing the bars to cover the now healing, bloodied wound. My eyes stayed on her this entire time, tears forming in my eyes as memories of our time together resurfaced.

She's forgotten everything.

"If you knew what he did to me, you wouldn't say that." I said as my eyes returned to her form, tears starting to stream down my face. No doubt she saw my entire fight with Nico, she probably even heard everything too.

Without a word she lunged forward, grabbing my collar through the bars and jolting me forward until I was eye level with her. Rage and sorrow burned in her glassy grey eyes as she took hold of my hair, slamming my head forward, harshly into the bars that felt like solid metal. My ears rung as my vision wavered for a moment, warm crimson trailing down from my head, into my left eye until it stung.