|Wreckage|

For all those asking, I'm posting updates every (or every other) Saturday!

Enjoy!!!

Virion's POV

"COMMANDER! I'M SORRY TO INTERRUPT BUT WE HAVE A PROBLEM!"

I fully turned to the soldier that was heaving in the doorway, with a look of pure terror plastered on his face. The young soldier was visibly shaking, and just as I was about to ask what was going on, a loud boom reverberates throughout the caverns. Screaming from civilians could be heard from below as shouts of soldiers bellow and echoes.

I quickly rush past the soldier, rushing to the edge of the second level and jumped off. Augmenting with mana so that the impact of landing feet first was cushioned. All around me, civilians were running as numerous casters shouted spells, tanks rushed to towards the chaos along with the shields who casted mana barriers. Black spike erupted from the ground, empaling the Dicathian fighters and any civilians within range of them.

It was a total blood bath.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! REPORT CAPTAIN!" I demanded over the screams and death around me.

"I-ITS THE ALACRIANS COMMANDER! THEY'VE FOUN—" before he could finish, a black metal like jagged spike disgorged from the ground directly underneath him. He hung from the spike, which penetrated right through his abdomen.

My eyes widen in horror. The worst case scenario is happening, and no one was ready. I quickly jumped back, evading several metallic spikes that would've cut right through me had I not moved.

"CASTERS!! CREATE THE BLOCKADE BARRIERS!! TANKS PROTECT THE CASTERS AT ALL COSTS. ALL AUGMENTERS, GUIDE CIVILIANS DEEPER INTO THE SANCTUARY!!NOW!!!" At my order, the soldiers instantaneously got into given formation.

"LANCES, ON ME!!"

Bairon and Varay were quickly at my side. They both looked at me for orders. Bairon's left calf was encased in ice, but even through the ice I could see the extent of his injury although he showed no sign of being in pain. Varay's cold eyes narrowed in determination as she awaited orders.

"What are the enemy numbers?" My voice lowered as I shifted into the first phase of my beast will. The air around me shifted and stilled.

"One, commander. A single Scythe. From what I know of, it seems to be Elijah Knight." She replied in a hard tone. The large cavern shook as debris fell from the ceiling.

"The two of you, keep him busy for as long as you can until all of the civilians are out of the way. Rally the remaining troops and attack him with everything in your arsenal. Those are your orders, now go." They nodded curtly before disappearing from sight, reappearing at the front of the chaos.

Nearly at warp speed, I jump to the second level of the sanctuary, rushing into my granddaughters room. Sylvie snarled at me, standing in front of Alice and Tessia protectively, revealing her elongated sharp teeth. She quickly stood down as she realized that it was me.

"What's the situation Commander?" She asked as she stood at attention. Tessia sat up anxiously as Alice quickly turned to her, helping her stand.