Chapter 14

A/N: New chapter!!! I'm slowly coming to writing again and I missed this so much. Also, I may or may not be working on a book that's absolutely not linked with the Love Therapy universe. I'm still figuring some stuff out but I hope I can announce it soon. :)

***

Opulence, that was all Shreya knew how to describe Rohit Seghal's house. No! Hers was a house, his home was nothing short of a mansion.

"Mom!" Kavya called out, excitedly. "Check this out! The pool is huge!"

Shreya could only gawk as she made her way through the house. When she finally made it to where Kavya was, she was met with more grandeur. There was a sundeck leading down to the pool area that suited a hotel more than a house. A little further away was a curated garden area, she guessed, for garden parties.

Shreya felt awkward standing at the edge of the sundeck. She felt as though she didn't belong to this world. Sure, her fashion business was doing well but it was nowhere near Rohit Sehgal's level of rich. His money was dynastic.

"Do you think dad would let me get a puppy?" Kavya asked, pulling Shreya out of her thoughts. "Look at the size of this garden." 

"And who's going to take care of it?" Shreya retorted. "Absolutely not."

"Mooooommm," Kavya whined and pulled out her best pout. 

Shreya knew Kavya has Rohit wrapped around her fingers. In order to stop this discussion, she was the one who had to put her foot down.

"Kavya," she chided. "You're going to start school very soon. There's going to be homework and extra-curricular activities and friends... You do realize you're not going to have much time left to look after a puppy, right? Also, reality check, not every puppy is like Tuffy from Hum Aapke Hain Kaun." 

"Fine," Kavya sighed, dramatically. As she made her way inside the house, she silently added. "Maybe I should ask dad."

Shreya silently groaned; she had expected this. Rohit Sehgal had better say no to Kavya, if not, he is going to be the death of her.

"Daadi (Grandma)," Shreya suddenly heard Kavya call out and she immediately froze in her place. She knew she had to face the Nandini Sehgal one day but she wasn't expecting her to be here.

"Where's your mother?" Shreya heard Nandini ask.

Shreya made her way into the house and she came face to face to Nandini.

"Namaste," Shreya greeted

"Mmm," Nandini nodded, as a sign of acceptance of Shreya's greetings. "Miss Kapoor, can we please talk in private?"

Shreya gave Kavya a look that was supposed to indicate that told her to leave. However, Kavya has never seen her mother so shaken up before and so she stayed planted. She was suddenly very protective of her mother.

"Kavya," her mother begged. "Please?"

Kavya gave one last look before she made her way back to the pool area. Only once Kavya was out of earshot, Nandini spoke. Kavya couldn't hear the conversation at all, but she knew was that her mother was in trouble. She followed her instinct, pulled out her phone and immediately dialed for her father. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Kavya," she could hear Rohit on the line. "I'm almost there."

"Daadi's (Grandma's) here," Kavya blurted out.

"What?" Rohit sounded confused and a bit concerned. "Do you know why she's here?"

Kavya shook her head but then realized her father couldn't see her.