Chapter 20

A/N: Before anything, I just have to say CONGRATS to Alia and Ranbir on their wedding!!!

I tried my best to update this as early as I can, I really got busy this month. Introducing the final new character (for now): Avan Jogia as Romil Patel. I will update the cast list soon.

***

Kavya looked so pale that when her parents dropped her off at school that Aarav had expected her to collapse before she even set foot in school. On Kavya's part, she was just very thankful that she was friends with one person in her class, at least she wouldn't be alone. When her teacher asked her to introduce herself to her new classmates, she nearly crumbled into a mess. It wasn't until her teacher allocated her a place next to Nayara and Kavya sat down that she relaxed. The seat on the other side of hers was empty and Kavya was slightly thankful for that.

Halfway through the first period, someone knocked on the door. When Kavya looked up, her jaw dropped. She had never to meet him here of all places.

After explaining to the teacher the reason he was late, he made his way towards his seat. He stopped short about a few steps from Kavya, shocked. It seemed like he recognized her too. When he took the seat next to Kavya, she couldn't do any but screamed internally. She was sitting next to Romil Patel!!!

Romil and Kavya had known each other since play school and were classmates right up to the day Shreya withdrew her from school. Despite that, they've never exchanged more than greetings and on Kavya's end, secret glances, because she was too shy to approach him. Throughout the years, she had tried keeping tabs on him but with all the traveling and homeschooling, it just wasn't possible.

"Kavita Kapoor?" Romil asked in a low voice. "Right?"

Kavya's heart leapt with joy. Romil Patel knew who she was! And he remembers her!

Kavya nodded, without pealing her eyes from the teacher. However, from the corner of her eyes, she noticed a smile spreading across Romil's face.

***

After dropping Kavya off at school, Rohit insisted on driving Shreya to work. According to Rohit, he had a meeting and will be doing a site inspection around her work place so, he didn't mind giving her a lift. However, Shreya had a strong feeling this was Rohit's way of either atoning for the day before or placating her so that she wouldn't change her mind about going to the ball with him. It was such a Kavya move.

The car ride was quiet save for the phone call Shreya got regarding some last minute changes to her fashion show. 

When Shreya reached her office, she found Deepak waiting for her.

"Nice place," Deepak told her.

"Thanks," she replied. "Not that I'm not glad but what are you doing here?"

"I was just passing by and I thought to drop by for a visit," he answered. "Also, I'm waiting for your answer."

Shreya averted her eyes away from him then back at him.

"Look Deepak," she started. "I really do appreciate the offer but like I told you yesterday, Rohit had asked me to go with him."

"And you agreed?" Deepak questioned.

Shreya nodded.

"Looks like I have to find someone else then," he sighed. However, Deepak's disappointment didn't last long as he spotted something. "You're participating in Fashion Week?"

"Yes," Shreya replied. "My slot is this Friday."

"What time is it?" Deepak asked. "I want a front row seat. Will Kavya be there? If she is, can I bring Aarav?"

"Slow down," Shreya remarked, amused by his enthusiasm. "It's at 4. Yes, Kavya's going to be there and yes, you can bring Aarav. Actually, I'm picking up Kavya from school because Rohit has something on. I don't mind picking up Aarav, if that's ok with you."

"Sure," Deepak agreed.

Unbeknownst to Shreya, a plan was beginning to form in Deepak's mind. He was going to win that bet against Tania, no matter what happens. It's payback time, Rohit Sehgal.

***

The lunch bell had rang a good 5 minutes ago and Aarav was pacing in front of the cafeteria, waiting for Kavya. She had made him promise to meet her there but there was no sign of her or Nayara. Maybe she got lost? With Nayara in her class? Impossible. Maybe they got held up by the teacher? But for 5 whole minutes? Maybe she had gotten in trouble with the teacher?

Aarav was about to look for the girls when he spotted them. With... A guy? The guy said something  which caused both girls to laugh. At that moment, Aarav wanted nothing more than to walk over and punch all of their guts out. He had spent a good 5.. No, 6 minutes waiting for them and there they were, taking their own sweet time, flirting. 

Kavya finally spotted Aarav and gave him a wave. She and Nayara then dragged the new guy over to where Aarav was.

"Aarav," Kavya spoke up. "Meet Romil, my ex-classmate from London and current classmate. Romil, this is Aarav, he's my friend."

Aarav gave Romil a reluctant wave and Romil returned with a slightly awkward one. Aarav then ignored Romil and turned his attention to the two girls.

"I've been waiting for you two for the last 6 minutes," Aarav complained. "What took you guys so long?"

"It's only 6 minutes," Kavya retorted. "It's not like you waited for 6 hours. We needed time to get from our class to here, not everyone skips class like you."

"Firstly," Aarav stressed. "I did not skip class. Secondly, it's impolite to make people wait. If I can reach here..."

"Is Aarav being hangry?" Samar joked as he slung an arm around Aarav's neck. Suddenly, he spots a new presence in the group. "Yeh kaun hai (Who is this)?"

"This is Romil," Nayara answered. "He's our classmate."

"I didn't know we were recruiting," Samar said sarcastically.

Suddenly, someone whacked Samar across the head from behind.

"Ignore them," Ishita announced her presence. "They're being idiots, he's Samar and I'm Ishita."

Ishita stuck out her hands to Romil and he shook it.

"Where's Gaurav?" Nayara then asked.

"He's saving us a table," Samar answered. "We came out to check what's taking Aarav so long."

"Since everyone's here," Ishita spoke up. "Shall we go?"

Samar with his arm slung around Aarav pulled him away, followed by Ishita, Nayara, Kavya and Romil. Aarav couldn't help but keep a watchful eye on them. After all, he didn't quite know Romil.

***

A/N: Oh no, Deepak got an evil scheme planned for the fashion show. Will he succeed? Also, now what would happen to Aarav when Kavya's got herself reacquainted with Romil? *GASPS*