Chapter 35

A/N: Sorry for disappearing for so long, real life got very busy 😢 But I'm back and so is tea spilling kitty (just in time out prison for this chapter).

***

The next morning, the house was in slight disarray as they gathered their things for a two week stay at Shreya's place.

Kavya's room looked like a tornado had hit as she mulled over her choices. She had almost emptied out wardrobe to bring it with her until Shreya noticed and put a stop to it.

Suddenly, her phone chimed, indicating someone had messaged her. She flopped on her bed, abandoning her task at hand to read the text.

Romil Patel:
Hey! Just checking in. Hope you're doing fine today.

A wide grin spread over her face as she replied his text.

Kavita Kapoor:
I'm ok. Thanks :)

Romil Patel:
That's great! See you in school.

Kavita Kapoor:
See you.

Romil Patel was checking up on her. Suddenly, she felt as if her current outfit no longer suited her. She was in the midst of digging through her pile of clothes when her father knocked on the opened door.

"Kavya?" Rohit called out.

"What do you think looks better? This dress or this top with my current jeans?" Kavya assaulted verbally.

Rohit could only stare at her in confusion. What was going on?

He looked around to see if Shreya could help him out in this situation but unfortunately, he knew that she was downstairs having her breakfast. He didn't want to call for her as she would have to make her way upstairs with a sprained ankle.

"What's the occasion?" Rohit settled with instead.

Kavya huffed in disappointment. Her dad was no help. Instead, he is going to interrogate her.

"It's nothing," she sighed.

"Then you might want to hurry up if it's nothing," he told her, oblivious to the situation. "You're going to be late for school. Are you sure you don't want a day off?"

After Romil's text? Hell no!

"I'm fine," Kavya quickly replied. "I just need to finish cleaning this up."

Rohit nodded. He was about to leave when he saw Kavya trying to choose between the two outfits again. A sudden realization dawned upon him.

"Hey Kav," he spoke, which caused her to whip her head around. "What you're wearing is fine. I like it."

Rohit then have her a reassuring smile then left. He had to talk to Shreya about this. Does she know about this crush?

After cleaning up and a hurried breakfast, Kavya made it to school with less than 5 minutes before the bell. Days like these were days she wished her school was a bit smaller. She silently cursed as she ran down the hallway.

"Kavya!"

It was Aarav.

"I'm going to be late for class Aarav," she announced. "This better be quick."