Chapter 11

A/N: With the quarantine going around, I managed cross a few things off my bucket list.

1) I taught myself how to play the drums.
2) I finally picked up the guitar (only picked up, I haven't started learning yet)
3) I managed to get a shout-out from one of my favorite stars. (You have no idea how much hard work I had to put in. Like, I've been diligently going to ALL their live sessions)

What about you guys? Anything new?

***

Shreya walked back to the cafe and saw Deepak sitting there.

"I'm so sorry about that," she told him. "I didn't know that was going to happen."

"It's alright," he replied. "I took the liberty of picking up the check while you were gone."

"Deepak," she protested. "You shouldn't have done that. Please, let me pay you back."

"It's my treat," he insisted. "To celebrate a decent outcome from today's case."

Shreya hesitantly put her purse away.

"Thank you," she said and led him to her car.

Upon reaching the carpark, she spotted the two teens sitting on top of her car.

"There," Aarav spoke. "Your mom's here. I guess I'll see you some other time."

"Thanks for sticking around," Kavya thanked him.

"For someone related to the Sehgal family," Aarav said. "You're not too bad yourself."

Kavya rolled her eyes.

"Ready to go?" Deepak asked Aarav.

"Sure," he told his father.

"Thank you once again," Shreya said. "To the both of you."

"Don't sweat it," Aarav replied. "We Arora boys are always ready to help."

"I guess we'll be going now," Deepak announced. "Bye Shreya. Bye Miss Kavita Kapoor."

"Kavita?" Aarav looked at Kavya in confusion but Deepak just yanked his son away.

***

The next day, Rohit arrived early at the Kapoor house. He was surprised when Kavya was there to greet him at the gate. However, it wasn't without her glaring daggers at him.

"Morning," Kavya mumbled, unwillingly.

Rohit had a feeling Shreya put her up to this; especially, after how Kavya to him reacted yesterday.

"Good morning," he replied.

"Mom's still making breakfast," she told him. "You're early."

"Yes," he said. "My meeting ended early so, here am I."

"Kavya!" She heard her mother calling out to her. "Why are you still outside? Come in!"

Kavya let out a sigh and let her father in. As soon as Rohit entered the house, he could smell what he assumed was breakfast.

"Have a seat," Kavya said as she motioned to the sofa.

However, before he could sit down, Shreya stopped him.

"You can join us at the dinning table," Shreya told him. "I wasn't sure if you had breakfast so I made a little extra."

"Sure," Rohit replied and made his way to the table. Kavya plonked herself down opposite Rohit, forcing Shreya to sit between them.