Chapter 23

A/N: It's party day! I got so excited that I wrote a little bit too much so I'm splitting the chapter into 2. The second part will be updated over the weekend.

***

It took Rohit his entire might not to go anywhere near Shreya the entire day. Kavya had insisted on Shreya surprising him with her outfit as this was their first party together. Shreya wanted to correct Kavya but decided against it, there's just some things better left unsaid. When he knocked on the door to try check on the girls, he was greeted by a very snappy Kavya.

"I said we will come out once we're ready," Kavya bossed. "Now go wait downstairs."

And then, the door slammed in his face. Rohit heard Shreya tell Kavya off but he didn't attempt to interfere. Instead, he went downstairs as ordered and pulled out his phone to do some work.

"Dad!" Rohit heard Kavya call for him.

He looked up and saw Kavya right in front of him. She signaled to the top of the stairs and Rohit's breath hitched in his throat.

Shreya was magnificently draped in a gold embroidered lehenga. Her radiance shone with every step she took down the stairs; stunning was an understand. Rohit voraciously took in every bit of her as time and space ceased to exist around them.

 Rohit voraciously took in every bit of her as time and space ceased to exist around them

Rohit was glad he had listened to Kavya's advice and wore his black tuxedo. Anything else would be taking away from the sight before him.

Shreya recognized that look of absolute awestruck on Rohit's face

Shreya recognized that look of absolute awestruck on Rohit's face. She knew she definitely had his full attention and she savored every moment, basking in it.

"Kaise lag rahi hoon (How do you like it)?" Kavya whispers into Rohit's ears.

"Beautiful," he whispered back, his eyes still fixed on Shreya.

Shreya came to a stop in front of the father-daughter duo.

"Chalein (Let's go)?" Shreya asked.

Rohit snapped out of his reverie and ushered the girls to his car. Kavya dashed to the backseat, forcing Shreya to sit up front with Rohit.

"You look..." Rohit started but couldn't find the correct word. He felt they weren't close enough for him to compliment her like just now when he was with Kavya. "Nice."