Chapter 33

A/N: And the fallout begins to cool down. Or does it???

***

Shreya pulled Kavya's sleeping form closer to her. Rohit could tell she was nervous.

The lights turned green and someone behind honks, snapping Rohit's attention back to the road.

"We'll talk about this when we get home," Rohit stated.

However, the moment they got home, the conversation had to take a back seat. Rohit realized a major problem, his house was full of stairs. For Shreya to get to almost any other room, she had to take the stairs... With a sprained ankle. At this moment, she was struggling to get to her bedroom.

"I'm fine," Shreya protested as Rohit tried to help her up the stairs. She had managed pulled herself halfway up when she had to stop to catch her breath.

"Let him help," Kavya, who had been woken up from her nap earlier, asserted.

Rohit approached Shreya once more. This time, she reluctantly leaned on him and finally allowed him to help her go up the remaining steps.

"How did you manage Kavya alone?" Rohit questioned, both amazed and curious.

"It's because our old house didn't have stairs," Kavya revealed and then added just barely loud enough. "And I wasn't as stubborn as someone."

Shreya shot her daughter a look as Rohit contemplated it to be a plausible fix to the issue.

"Pack your stuff," Rohit then announced. "For two weeks. We'll move over tomorrow morning."

Was Rohit mad? They had moved to Rohit's place for just slightly more than a week and now he wants them to move back?

"Good idea," Kavya agreed. "That way mom doesn't need to climb the stairs to get around. Also mom, you might want to take some time off work. Your office is up a flight of stairs and I know you're going to be on your feet from the moment you reach your office."

Shreya sighed. They're not wrong. However, the both of them ganging up left a bitter taste in her mouth.

"Fine," Shreya very reluctantly gave in. She did not like this newfound helplessness.

***

Vijay Arora waited for his son and grandson to arrive home. He had heard that they had gone over to the Sehgal Group's HQ and Deepak had caused a scene.

"Daadaji," he heard Aarav called out.

"It's late," Deepak ordered. "Go to bed. You've got school tomorrow."

Aarav did what he was told and left the older father and son pair alone.

"I heard what happened," Vijay said.

Deepak nodded.

"I've warned you about the Sehgals," he continued. "Why do you keep disobeying me and interfering in their personal lives? If you want to do something about them, you could have always joined the company."

"Let me guess," Deepak sneered. "The mother of your bastard child told you."

"Deepak!" Vijay admonished. "You will not speak to me in that way."