Chapter 15

A/N: New chapter update! This one's a little different. How so? Read to find out.

***

Instead of concentrating on the new case file in front of him, Deepak watched as Aarav did his homework. His mind drifted to Shreya and her daughter, he wondered how they were doing. Shreya had not contacted him since they last met.

"Dad," Aarav called out, snapping him back to reality. "Stop staring at me like that, it's creepy."

Deepak walked over and ruffled his son's hair.

"I'm sorry," Deepak said, sarcastically. "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to look at my son."

Aarav rolled his eyes and continued with his work.

"Kavya told me she's coming for a school visit tomorrow,"  Aarav stated, his eyes still glued to his homework. "And I invited her to hang out with my friends, if she wants."

Deepak was slightly taken aback by that, he didn't know Aarav kept in touch with Shreya's daughter.

"I thought you hated her?" Deepak asked.

"She's not too bad once you get to know her," Aarav shrugged. "But one thing is for sure, dad, voh toh pure ke pure mental hi hai (She's utterly mental)."

"Who's mental?" A voice interrupted the father-son moment.

"Daada (grandfather)," Aarav said, surprised. He didn't hear his grandfather enter.

"Dad," Deepak echoed.

Vijay Arora stood at the edge of the living room, waiting for an answer.

"Is she your new girlfriend?" Vijay questioned further. He knew his grandson, unlike Deepak, was quite a casanova at school. He wasn't angry at him, he just wished Aarav would pay more attention to his studies.

"She's...," Aarav stammered. "She's not my girlfriend. She... She's Rohit's Sehgal's daughter."

Vijay had never expected that answer. After everything Rohit Sehgal and his family put the Arora family through, how in the world did Aarav think it was remotely even consider the possibility of befriending her?

"I know what you're thinking, dad," Deepak spoke up. "She's not a threat."

"I hope you're right," Vijay remarked. "You know what the Sehgals had put us through. Don't let it repeat again."

"But Kavya's not even a Sehgal," Aarav retorted.

"But she IS Rohit's daughter," Vijay admonished his grandson. "Is she not?" 

Aarav nodded. Vijay then directed his anger and attention at Deepak.

"I let you take up the case because you convinced me it was a good chance to get back at Rohit Sehgal," Vijay lashed out. "I expected it to be a one time thing."

"It was," Deepak retorted. "But the kids aren't involved, leave them alone. They are too young to be dragged into all this. Besides, I highly doubt Shreya knows the truth, what more, tell her daughter. They mean Aarav and us no harm, they're just friends."

Vijay nodded albeit very reluctantly, signaling the end of the conversation.

"The Merchant Guild is having a party next week," Vijay then notified Deepak. "I'm sending you in my place. Remember, this is an important event for the Arora Group of Companies"

"I understand," Deepak replied.

***

Rohit returned to his office late in the evening after helping the girls settle in with the move. He had been so preoccupied with the court case and Kavya that he was behind on his work schedule.