Chapter 22

A/N: I'm back with another chapter y'all's!!! This is the little calm before the storm so... Sit back and relax (for now)

***

When Shreya realized Rohit wasn't in the crowd, she was slightly disappointed but it wasn't surprising. If he would willingly miss his girlfriend's show, what was hers to him? Instead of dwelling on that, she brought her team as well as her guests out for dinner.

"I heard from Aarav that something happened to your car," Deepak asked Shreya. "Sab theek hai (Everything alright)?"

"It's just a flat tyre," she replied. "I was lucky Rohit was around to help out."

Deepak smiled but didn't say anything further.

"I didn't know you knew Adhya Ambani," she continued, changing the subject.

"I never said I did," he revealed.

Shreya's brows creased. If he wasn't there for Adhya, who did he know from the show?

However, before anyone could say anything, the food arrived. The team suddenly transformed into a loud and bumbling crowd.

"What will you be wearing to the party tomorrow?" Deepak started up the conversation again. "Something from your own line, I hope. It'll be a good way to promote yourself."

Shreya mulled over it a little. Deepak was right, maybe something from today's show would be good. She's been considered somewhat of a revolutionary in UK's fashion industry but the market in India was new to her. She had her supporters and the press coverage from the custody case did generate a bit of interest but other than today's fashion show, she didn't have a place to showcase her pieces which meant not many people knew about her work. Maybe she could have a chat with her cousin Ayesha or her aunt Seema since they run a chain of clothing boutique?

"I probably should be wearing something from my line," she told Deepak. Shreya then turned a bit solemn. "Did you find anyone to be your date to the party?"

"As a matter of fact," Deepak replied, cheerfully. "I did. I asked an acquaintance of mine and she agreed."

Shreya nodded. Now that Deepak has a date, she felt less guilty for turning him down.

The dinner went on a little after 11. Kavya and Aarav didn't have school the next day so they weren't really in a hurry to leave.

***

Rohit was having a hard time with Tania. Instead of continuing on for a late lunch as planned, Tania insisted on going home. The entire journey was silent and somber. Rohit told himself that he would make it up to Tania.

After sending Tania home, he returned to the office. As usual, Aman was by his side updating on the progress of some agreements and acquisitions or another.

"Word on the street is that Desai is looking for a joint venture on the land deal," Aman informed "Market sentiments are in favor of Arora due to their history. The stock prices have been rising throughout the day."

"Buyback," Rohit said.

"What?" Aman looked confused.

"Buyback our own shares," Rohit explained. "The market sentiments are going to change after tomorrow. There's going to be demand for our stocks."