Chapter 10

A/N: Hi guys, sorry for disappearing on you. Truth be told, I lost inspiration to write this. However, being stuck at home meant that I could sit down, regroup my thoughts and write. So, this part happened. Enjoy!

***

Aarav thought watching a movie with Kavya would be different. Instead, there she was cheering along with the rest of the cinema. Aarav just shielded his face in embarrassment.

"Kya hua (What happened)?" Kavya asked. "I thought you were a fan?"

"I am," he replied. "But that doesn't mean I should be screaming and jumping around like a monkey."

"Oh come on," she said. "Relax a little. Try it, it's fun."

"Seriously?" Aarav questioned her sanity. "If anyone finds out what the daughter of Shreya Kapoor and Rohit Sehgal was up to..."

"So what?" Kavya retorted. "If you keep thinking about other people's opinions, how are you going to enjoy yourself?"

"You can be happy but within the norms of society," he replied.

"Then right now," she told him. "You're not being normal because everyone else here is having fun and you're not. Now shut up and let me be, spoil sport."

The hero stepped into the screen and the whole cinema erupted into applause. Kavya begin cheering and when she looked over, Aarav was silently sitting in his seat. So, she grabbed both his hands and waved them in the air.

"What are you doing?" Aarav scolded her.

"Having fun," she answered while still holding on to his hands. "Come on, try it."

"Yay," Aarav said weakly.

"Better," she smirked. "But with a bit more sincerity next time."

Aarav let out a sigh and hoped for the movie to end quickly.

***

Hours had passed since the court case and Rohit had promised Tania that he was going to bring her out for a late lunch. However, it was already approaching dinner time and he wasn't anywhere in sight. She had tried calling him but to no avail. His phone was shut off. She had also tried his office but it was Aman who picked up.

"He didn't even show for the business meeting," Aman told her. "The last time I saw him was at his mother's house."

Not showing up for business meeting was really out of Rohit's normal behavior.

"Could he be in trouble?" Tania asked.

"He's alright," Aman replied. "He told me he needed some time off. He didn't want his personal life to affect his work life. He'll be back in the office once the frenzy has died down."

But that still doesn't explain why Rohit hasn't showed up at her place.

"Thanks Aman," she said. "I'm sure he'll turn up soon."

"Take my advise Ms. Jain," Aman suggested. "As I've always told you, keep your distance from Rohit if you don't want to get hurt."

"And as always," she retorted. "Thank you but I know what I'm doing."

Then, she cut the call. At that instance, she heard the door of her apartment unlock.

"Rohit?" Tania called out.

Rohit didn't reply. Instead, he just walked in and slumped down at the sofa.