Chapter 5

A/N: Sorry for the super late update!!! Real life got into the way but I managed to get that sorted out and so, it's back to the story!!!

***

Morning couldn't come sooner for Kavya. She had been up since seven and has been fussing around. When her father had texted her mom earlier that he was coming at nine, she panicked. She has been waiting her whole life for this. Honestly, she was terrified. The hospital incident was... Well, awkward... And this time it was him who initiated it. Which means by a quarter to nine, Kavya had already paced her mother's studio for at least a hundred times.

"Mom, are you sure you'll be alright?" Kavya asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yes!" Shreya groaned. Rohit Sehgal better be on time or there's going to be blood.

"I can still cancel if you want," Kavya added.

"Kavya," Shreya scolded. She has had it with this girl. She knows that Kavya was nervous but this is seriously getting out of hand. "I'm going to be fine and you're going to be fine. If you burn a hole through the floor with all that pacing, I swear I'm going to..."

Suddenly, the whole room was filled with a ringing sound. Shreya looked down at her phone.

"Oh my God," Kavya squealed. "It's him."

Shreya casts Kavya an annoyed look and picked up the phone. Kavya hopped on the stool next to her, trying to listen in on their conversation.

"Hello?"

"Miss Kapoor?"

So, it's back to Miss Kapoor again.

"Yes," Shreya replied. For her daughter's sake, he had better not call to cancel.

"I'm outside your studio."

Kavya immediately clambered off the stool and looked out the window. There stood Rohit Sehgal dressed in a white shirt paired with blue jeans.

"Kayva's in my studio," Shreya informed him. "Do you want me to send her down now?"

Rohit looked up and noticed Kavya at the window. He waved at her and she waved back. Kavya then disappeared inside and stood next to her mom.

"It's still a bit early, is it OK if I come up?"

"Huh?" Shreya was confused. Why would he want to come up when Kavya was more than willing to start early? She turned to look at Kavya who shared the same puzzled look.

"Don't worry, I promise I won't do anything. I just want to see how THE Shreya Kapoor's studio looks like."

Was he mocking her?

"Fine," she relented. Shreya had a feeling she was going to regret this. "I'll get Kavya to open the door for you."

She puts the phone down and turns over to see Kavya hesitantly picking up the keys.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Kavya asked.

Iss bachche bhi na (This child)!

"Ask me that one more time..."